Accidental Protein Powder Mug Cake

Options
MichelleLea122
MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
So I just came across the happiest accident ever. I've made hot chocolate with protein powder before by mixing the protein powder in with hot water. But today I decided to mix the protein shake before and microwave it for like 2 minutes. So with just milk and chocolate protein powder, I accidentally created a chocolate mug cake. The texture is a bit funny, almost souffle like. So if anyone is looking for creating protein powder uses this one's a keeper. :)

Replies

• debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    one scoop of powder to 1 cup of milk?
  • MichelleLea122
    Options
    Yep, strangest thing. I actually found actual recipes that used protein powder and egg and milk. But just milk and protein powder worked quite well.
  • j0hnby
    j0hnby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does making it hot not degrade the protein or anything in the powder?
  • chilledbeast
    chilledbeast Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    no
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    So a scoop of powder to a "cup" of milk...is that the US measurement of cup or just a cup?!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Brilliant...
  • j0hnby
    j0hnby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome then :) Sounds amazing
  • MichelleLea122
    Options
    It was around a serving of Eas Chocolate whey, with around 6 oz of milk. I warn you the texture is weird, but weirdly delicious.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I make a protein 'mocha' . Just hot coffee with the powder. Taste great in the winter.
  • dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've recenlty discovered a protein 'lava' treat. 1/2 cup egg whites, mixed with chocolate UMP, occasionally P2B in a coffee mug. Microwave for 30-45 sec. It will be part soufle, part warm goopy yummy goodness.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I do that with white chocolate flavored protein powder, white chocolate sugar free syrup and vanilla RTD protein shake instead of milk (more protein!). You get white chocolate hot cocoa if you add the hot water, white chocolate yummy goo if you microwave it :)
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    thick yogurt, or greek yogurt and chocolate protein powder makes a great chocolate type moose along with berries it is great
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    jonnyman41 wrote: »
    thick yogurt, or greek yogurt and chocolate protein powder makes a great chocolate type moose along with berries it is great

do you just mix/whip the 2 together? these all sound delish and like i need to pick up some choc protein powder (only have vanilla on hand at the moment)
  • Fitmar
    Fitmar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for a long time. I actually call it protein oatmeal because the texture is nearly identical to oatmeal! I love it! I like to make mine w/ a ton of almond milk so that it is more filling. My husband says it is "gross". LOL!
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    dlvuyovich wrote: »
    I've recenlty discovered a protein 'lava' treat. 1/2 cup egg whites, mixed with chocolate UMP, occasionally P2B in a coffee mug. Microwave for 30-45 sec. It will be part soufle, part warm goopy yummy goodness.

This sounds delicious!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've made hot chocolate with protein powder before by mixing the protein powder in with hot water.
    I tried that once. What a mess! I now know you have to mix first then heat up

• MichelleLea122
    Options
    I've made hot chocolate with protein powder before by mixing the protein powder in with hot water.
    I tried that once. What a mess! I now know you have to mix first then heat up

I've found it doesn't clump as much if you stir a little bit in at a time.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Ok so, My first attempt at this wasn't so great.. I tried it with 200ml of skimmed milk (first mistake) and heated for 2 minutes.
    The consistency wasn't right and 2 minutes was way too long..

So then, I dropped to around 125ml of full fat milk and tried again with equal time (2 mins)..

I'm currently sat here eating this.. it's the bizzle!!! Highly recommend!
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    20141206_003922.jpg