Weight Loss: Need Help!

Options
So I am 5 feet tall and weigh 149 lbs. I need to reduce 30 pounds in 3 months. I have a pear shaped figure. Suggest me some diet and workout plans.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why the rush? Eat at a 500 calorie seficit, lose 10-15 pounds in that time, and keep your body healthy.
  • vidu2806
    vidu2806 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a friend's wedding to attend and i want to be slim till then! :(
  • KirstenAF
    KirstenAF Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been missioning to get my body in shape since my daughter was born.. okay well, I've mainly procrastinated :s I came across Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and in 5 days I noticed a slight change, since then I've become a tad obsessed, and gotten a lot of her other dvds.. killer buns and thighs is also awesome. but I really do recommend her 30 Day shred, 5 times a week, with a happy healthy diet eat within a calorie range and maybe some walking here and there... drink loads of water, ice cold!! :) If you do that... I reckon you'll definitely get there! Good luck :p
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5 feet tall (I round up to 5 feet though...;)) and started at 190, now down to 105. It's hard to create a large deficit (even one of 500 calories) at our height. My suggestion is to do something active every single day (even if it's just going for a walk on your rest day) and be sure to log every single calorie meticulously. Measure using a kitchen scale for things like pasta, cereal, almond or peanut butter, etc. And finally, don't give yourself a deadline. What will happen if you don't lose 30 pounds in 3 months? What will happen after those 3 months?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    you have 3 months

- eat at a calorie defecit - 2lb a week to start if you must (dependent on how many calories that gives you) but then slow it down
    - exercise - lift heavy weights

you would be surprised how your body can change over time even if you don't hit your 'target' weight loss - how you hold yourself, your body composition and how you feel about yourself can change dramatically with

slim isn't a goal - it's a lifestyle choice