Why has my face changed?!

Options
Round faces run in the family. Everybody has full cheeks on both my mum and dad's side and I did until I started exercising lots - mainly cycling, yoga and resistance such as Body Pump and core classes. Now I look a lot different and it came as a shock when I recently saw my sister after almost a year. People used to say we look alike but not any more. Funny thing is, she's a lot thinner than me naturally (not through exercise) and she has a much fuller face. Weird! Anyone know why?

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Why the long face?
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    you're adopted.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You've lost fat from your face....
  • MrsJonesFitness
    MrsJonesFitness Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your face changes as you age, but one thing, if the only thing that's changed is your cheeks, why don't you look similar anymore? (brow bone, eyes, lips)... Maybe the only facial feature you had in common was cheeks and you simply grew into your face shape now. There are many different photo's you could look at from the past to trace down the features you have. Be proud to carry features of past relatives and don't dwell so much on looking like your sis!
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, good sir, but did you just call her a fat head?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Isn't it weird to look in the mirror and not recognize yourself? It takes so long for our mind to catch up to our body when it comes to weight loss. Enjoy the changes and being an individual.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sentaruu wrote: »

I'm sorry, good sir, but did you just call her a fat head?

Did you just call me a man?!
  • MagistraSaunders
    MagistraSaunders Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My face changed loads when I gained weight. Now that I'm losing it, it's changing again. Only this time because I'm older it looks slightly different - cheekbones are more defined etc. I guess even the tiniest bit of fat makes a lot of difference on our faces!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    One of you is getting older............one of these things is not like the other one of these things just isn't the same.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    when you lose weight you'll lose fat all over randomly face included you've losted weight right? :| or like some others say>>> it comes with age
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    when you lose weight you'll lose fat all over randomly face included you've losted weight right? :| or like some others say>>> it comes with age

Yes, face too. I had fillers put in to add my cheekbones back. :-)