Jawbone Up problems with calories

I bought an Up band and I've been using it regularly. I synced it to MFP and never bothered to check on it. Today, I checked in and noticed that it doesn't add any activity, just the calories burned. I walked just under 7 miles. It showed a jawbone adjusted calorie burn instead of any sort of exercise. The calories burned showed as only about 200. That doesn't sound accurate to me. Walking 7 miles seems like it should burn a lot more than 200 calories. Has anyone had this problem? Is this even a problem?

Replies

• gdrodge70
    gdrodge70 Posts: 8 Member
    It's not a problem. MFP is comparing calories it's projecting to what Jawbone is projecting. If there is a difference, an adjustment is made.

For me (to maintain weight), I would have to eat 2,100 cal/day.

So MFP expects me to burn 2,100 (1,600 sitting on my *kitten* + 500 walking say 10,000 steps).

Jawebone says my resting burn is 1,600 as well. If I walk 10,000 steps (and nothing else) I will burn 2,100.

They are in sync - both 2,100.

But if I walk 20,000 steps, MFP gets info from Jawbone who says "Glenn burned 1,600 from sitting on *kitten*, and 1,000 walking = 2,600).

MFP thought it was 2,100, and adds 500 adj from Jawbone.

Thus the adj < what you burned.

make sense?

glenn
  • gdrodge70
    gdrodge70 Posts: 8 Member
    I bought an Up band and I've been using it regularly. I synced it to MFP and never bothered to check on it. Today, I checked in and noticed that it doesn't add any activity, just the calories burned. I walked just under 7 miles. It showed a jawbone adjusted calorie burn instead of any sort of exercise. The calories burned showed as only about 200. That doesn't sound accurate to me. Walking 7 miles seems like it should burn a lot more than 200 calories. Has anyone had this problem? Is this even a problem?

No, it's not a problem.