I'm such a idiot...

Options
I agreed to go out for the night with a few friends as I haven't been out in months. Drank too quickly and mixed too many drinks, so I ended up in a&e with alcohol poisoning. Got let home a few hours later and felt really ill the next day but had a bad sugar craving.
I ate: -half tube of sweet chilli pringles, 3/4 of a big bar of cadbury chocolate, small bag malteasers, bag of crisps, two slices of takeaway pizza and a ham sandwhich.

I drank lots of water that day and ate properly yesterday, but now the scales are showing my pig out feast. I was 9st 13lbs, but now the scales are telling nearly 10st 1lbs. Any chance this is water weight?

Replies

• MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It could be, especially with all the sodium and alcohol you consumed. But, don't beat yourself up. Just dust yourself off, and get back into the program. We all made bad food decisions. It happens. We ARE HUMAN. Tomorrow is a new day. :smiley:
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You put on 3 lbs, big deal. You could lose that much just by going to the toilet. Some of it will be fat (over eat and you gain some fat, that's how it works), but much of it will be water.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    here, let me lend you a line to draw under it

it happens, refocus, log and weigh in 7 days

well the alcohol poisoning .. no that doesn't happen ... as a mother I'd just like to say /slap\ "What on earth were you thinking? Were you raised an eejit! Don't ever do that again!" There now that's out of my system refocus, log and weigh in 7 days
  • Jaimelabiere
    Options
    Its absolutely water weight. A stone is 14lbs, correct? A gain of nearly 2 lbs in a couple of days is only possible if you are overeating massively, around 7000 cals. I'm a binge eater and Ive eaten way more than that in the same amount of time and not gained, and I can tell thats not even close to 7000 cals.

The good thing about the occasional "bad day" is that it usually makes you so sick that you WANT to eat healthier so you dont feel that crappy feeling again, IME. Be thankful that you are ok after the alcohol poisioning (and Im glad you are!) and just keep eating healthier from here on out. You'll be fine :)
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    IF there is any actual weight gain from this so what? It can't be all that much at all and you know how to take it right back off again... speed is nice but just trusting yourself to make the right choices most of the time and keep moving in the right general direction is where it's really at.

You got this.... keep doing it right... drink lots of water... and I'm sure you'll be feeling great about yourself in no time.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Seriously, 3 lbs. is not a huge amount especially after a wild night out. Just chalk it up to experience don’t consume such huge amounts of alcohol again - but you know that already (btw that advice is coming from a Scotsman and a Glaswegian to boot - you have to laugh!). The weight will come back off in a few weeks. Relax it’s a blip in your weight loss not a total wipe-out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you were in hospital with alcohol poisoning and you're most worried about gaining 2lbs... :noway:
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    you were in hospital with alcohol poisoning and you're most worried about gaining 2lbs... :noway:

^^^^^THIS!!^^^^^

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    well, 2 lb fat gain would mean you consumed 7,000 calories MORE than your tdee (the amount of calories you used up. Typically 2,000). So if you think you ate 9,000 calories in that day, then yes, that is 2 lbs fat gain. If not, don't worry about it. Don't forget when you get food poisoning you vomit and defecate till your stomach is empty so didn't really consumed most of the calories you ate.

Also, and this is a personal thing but I would be more worried about recovering rather than the 2 lbs gain. If you are obsessing about weight to the point where you are worried about 2 lbs gain vs. food poisoning, you should seek help because this kind of obsession isn't healthy.
  • Mazan93
    Mazan93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I'm not obsessing over the weight gain, I'm just curious if it was water weight or actual gain. I understand weight fluctuate, but this is my first experience at eating a lot of unhealthy food since eating healthier so I've only seen it go up for a day or so.
    I'm not a big drinker, so I can definitely say I won't be going out drinking any time soon!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    If I just came out of hospital - I wouldn't be on here posting a forum after weighing yourself, to see it the 2lbs is water weight or not?

I don't think I would really care what I weighed, I would be more bothered about my health.

Why not focus on your health & living a healthy lifestyle?

I think taunto is right - You need to seek some help
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    c'mon kids make mistakes - stupid mistakes - it's almost Darwinian

She has accepted she was an idiot - and she really, really was

I'm sure her folks will be having words
  • Mazan93
    Mazan93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know it was a stupid mistake. All this happened Monday night, so I'm 100% better. I was just curious about the weight gain, nothing more. (:
    Thanks again for the replies.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I would be a lot more worried about losing control of my own actions to the point of ending up in hospital than gaining a couple of pounds of water weight.....Priorities out of whack much?????
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    +1 get some perspective and chill.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    2013sk wrote: »
    If I just came out of hospital - I wouldn't be on here posting a forum after weighing yourself, to see it the 2lbs is water weight or not?

I don't think I would really care what I weighed, I would be more bothered about my health.

Why not focus on your health & living a healthy lifestyle?

I think taunto is right - You need to seek some help

What does "being bothered about your health" mean? They already had to interact with health professionals who fixed them up and presumably gave them discharge instructions. Is the poster really supposed to spend every minute of the next seven days reflecting on their hospital visit? You still have a life to live, classes to take, a job to do, etc etc. Can't remain exclusively focused on one event that has been dealt with.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    It's really best to avoid hard liquor if you're not a big drinker. Next time sip on a beer and have a full glass of water between each alcoholic drink.
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    LOL, hopefully you still had a fun night before your liver kicked your *kitten*. Livers are awesome and so useful. :wink:

I would go with water weight. You ate usual foods. Your system is holding itself together. You get extra pounds. But help your liver and kidneys process the toxins and eat real food a little while, help them heal.

A little piece of advice because well, I've been young and slightly stupid too and you'll probably do it again... LOL I find activated charcoal helps "clear" the alcohol and lots of water or any liquid really.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options

^^^^^THIS!!^^^^^

this again haha.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    OP, yes, you were ..... don't do that again B)