The if - then article... It really helps me!

Options
I wanted to share this becasue of how very helpful it has been to me, and I think it can help keep you on track also. It was an article I read in my psychology today magazine. Basically, what you do is you sit down and think of all the obsicles that you may face on your weight loss jorney, and when those obsicles come into play, figure out what you are going to do. Do for instance the very first day I started used my fitness pal my husband made his devilishly delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for a sick friend out ours. I had one, and it was fine, but by the end of the night I was talking myslef into more. This is when I realized I NEEDED the If -then articles help. The first thing on my if-then list is " IF I put something into my mouth...THEN- it goes onto my calorie counter. " Another example is " IF it is 8:00... THEN I need to get up and do some sort of exercise." <--- This one works amazingly well. I can't just sit at night anymore. I need to get up and move. It's pretty neat. I have also added things like " IF I am still hungry at meal time... THEN - I can take a second helping of only veggies."

I hope everyone finds this helpful!

Replies