Replies

• Caseyanna
    Caseyanna Posts: 53
    Options
    I love them :)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    They looked interesting until I read the label, they have propylene glycol which is commonly known as anti-freeze. No thanks :(
  • devildog525
    devildog525 Posts: 46
    Options
    It dries my throat out for some reason and from what I can tell they really dont taste that great, Ive tried 4 flavors and am yet to try it more than once.... I gave mine away at work
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with Perrier and it makes it feel like pop! Just roll it slowly, not shake it to mix.
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just saw those in a Target ad one minute ago! Have never heard of them before I saw the ad. I'm curious what others think as well. I don't mind drinking water but I really like to have some flavor in it.
  • devildog525
    devildog525 Posts: 46
    Options
    They looked interesting until I read the label, they have propylene glycol which is commonly known as anti-freeze. No thanks :(

Guess that would explain the burning, I didnt bother to read that
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Tried them yesterday and i realllllly didnt like them!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Love them! ...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I chose to skip it b/c I think it had aspartame. Bad news, but coulda been great!
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    My hubby loves the sweet tea one. He drinks it almost daily.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    They aren't available in Canada yet I don't think but I am eager to try them!
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from anything with antifreeze in it (propylene glycol). And yes before everyone comments that it's safe as a solvent in food, I already have read all that. But just keep this in mind...propylene glycol is illegal to use in cat food (although allowed in dog food). But that's for another post another day :)
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have the Fruit Punch and Peach Tea. They're alright. They are better if the water is ICE cold. Once it starts getting warm, it tastes like crap.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options

Ummm....no. Anti-freeze is ethylene glycol. Propylene glycol is perfectly safe and is already in many of your health products - toothpastes, mouthwashes, etc. Check the labels.
  • haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I really like them, nice flavor
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love the Strawberry Watermelon ones! They really helped to kick my soda addiction, but I know they aren't the best choice either. I hate Crystal Light, but I also hate drinking plain water.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Ummm....no. Anti-freeze is ethylene glycol. Propylene glycol is perfectly safe and is already in many of your health products - toothpastes, mouthwashes, etc. Check the labels.

Ummm....yes. Ethylene glycol is the old school antifreeze that is toxic. Propylene glycol is the the new, non-toxic antifreeze but it is still antifreeze. And I just checked out my Crest toothpaste and mouthwash, no antifreeze there either. And just because I feel like belaboring the point, PG is "generally recognized as safe" by the FDA, I wouldn't call that perfectly safe. It may not kill us but it ain't natural either.
  • LaylaClapton
    Options
    Lots of good info, thanks everyone!

I think I'll just stick with the occasional Wyler's Sugar-Free single now and then.
  • ebadams86
    ebadams86 Posts: 8
    Options
    I love them! Strawberry watermelon and peach mango are great! I'm waiting to finish those before I try the sweet tea =)
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've tried pretty much every flavor. Really like the Strawberry Watermelon, & Peach Tea, I like the Berry Pomegranate, Mango Peach and the Sweet Tea I could take or leave....I like the others more the the Sweet Tea. It's worth a shot. The directions tell you one big squirt for a bottle of water but if you add a little extra it won't hurt you, it's all 0 cal. Put as much as you'd like until you're satisfied with the taste. My overall census is that I like MiO and recommend it.