Shoes!!

Options
2»

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,458 Member
    Options
    Edie30 wrote: »
    Hi guys, they are Ravenna 5s I think they are called. Yes I don't really care what they look like I just want to put a stop to odd nagging issues. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. I have just had a run with them and they took a bit to get used to as I'm used to minimalist shoes but I soon got into it :-)

My 12yo son who pronates badly (almost over onto his ankle on the right) and has very narrow feet (he wore women's shoes for width til his feet got too big) is currently wearing neon yellow Brooks Ravenna's (they were 20$ cheaper than the black ones, heh) with the black Superfeet insole in a men's size 11. They seem to provide him a great deal of lateral stability.

• loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was half a size bigger in brooks. I don't care what they look like really I was just having a giggle :-) I'm super pleased with them :-)

I had to go a full size up! Totally different feeling from day-to-day shoes.
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I went up a size. I think I may need to go another half on my next pair. They feel just a little tight and I'm getting the (sorry for the visual) black toenail thing going.
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    Lol thanks guys... I've had 2 runs so far in them and I'm feeling very pleased. I have a stupid question but my chest looks like a car crash! The friction from my HRM!! What to do??? Will the glide stuff work? :-)
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Yeah... any of that anti-chafing stuff should eliminate that... but having never worn a HRM I don't if any of that stuff would affect the way it works.
  • Edie30
    Options
    I might try it :-)
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I find it's helpful to rotate among several pairs of shoes, so that you don't end up getting an injury because your shoes have quirks. I like a neutral shoe, so I wear Brooks Ghosts and Mizuno Wave Riders. I also have a pair of Altra Olympuses that I run in once a week, to work my muscles in a somewhat different way.

If you decide that the Ravenna 5s are good for you, you might visit the running shop and ask if they could recommend a similar shoe from another manufacturer.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    What to do??? Will the glide stuff work? :-)

I use vaseline to mitigate for it, I've also seen the suggestion of surgical tape on the underside of the strap.

• Edie30
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • clarion_r
    clarion_r Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks - and they're bright purple, which is the most important part :)
  • Edie30
    Options
    Yesmy friend loves the purple! She was like... Did you ask to see the colours? I was like No! I was too scared of the muscly legged woman who was selling them to me! :-)
  • clarion_r
    clarion_r Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Haha That's how she gets her sales stats up!! :)