Breakfast Rut - Any great high protein low fat suggestions or sites?

Options
I am in a breakfast rut. I have an insanely routine breakfast regimen that is truly becoming a bore. I alternate through fruit with granola and nuts, poached eggs with tomato and veg, rice cakes and almond butter, oatmeal with fruit & nuts, and poached eggs with kippers. I want to have a good breakfast, that is filling, nutritious, and let's face it, has to be quick. The rest of the day I have a wide variety of lunch and dinners.....I am just stuck on how boring breakfast can be. Any suggestions??

Replies

• socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie with protein powder.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Doesn't need to be traditional breafast foods. Leftovers are quick
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »

This^^^. Chicken breasts, steak, or pretty much anything high in protein. Traditional breakfasts are out the door.

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled eggs, with veg and cheese, myself. But that is still eggs.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

This. I usually have a vegetable omelet with oatmeal as my occasional something different, but when I'm feeling bored with it I like to have non-breakfast food. Leftover dinner is lovely--had steak and Brussels sprouts for breakfast last week.
  • hmmar
    hmmar Posts: 2
    Options
    I make egg cups each week in a muffin tin and switch up what I fill them with. One week I'll do ham and cheese, the next week I'll do tomato and jalapeño ect. I'll eat one of these with a Quest Bar or a protein shake
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Protein shake filled with oats, and a scoop of peanut butter.
  • Wrallysan
    Options
    jamezln wrote: »

This^^^. Chicken breasts, steak, or pretty much anything high in protein. Traditional breakfasts are out the door.

Hmmm... that is a great idea! Simple.
  • Wrallysan
    Options
    socalkay wrote: »
    Fruit smoothie with protein powder.

I am not a big shake fan....guess I like the substance of a meal....but I will give it a try!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    0% fat plain greek yogurt. high in protien...just what you are looking for. i throw in berries and almonds.

pretty much eat this everyday monday to friday as midmorning snack.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Canned salmon with toast, bean and cheese burritos, chicken breast with leftover rice from the day before. Baked white or sweet potatoes from the day before that you heat up with some nuts. Ham cooked in a skillet with apricots or peaches. Frozen breakfast sausages with some cucumbers and tomatoes.
    Eat what would please you at other times of the day.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    On the weekend, i like to make a frittata with lots of greens and other vegetables and just enough egg to bind it together. 6 egg is plenty for 4 breakfasts and it is best at room temperature, so 30 seconds on the microwave and you're ready to go.
  • 2bizzybee
    2bizzybee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love a cup of vegetable soup for breakfast.
  • 2bizzybee
    2bizzybee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I live in a warm climate. I can do veggie soup in January-April.