weigh ins

Options
How often should I weigh myself?
I usually weigh myself every day. But I'm wondering if that's wrong.
How often do you all weigh yourselves?

Replies

• slnjln
    slnjln Posts: 2
    Options
    I normally weigh myself everyday also, but my official weigh in day is Monday.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    This question is asked over and over again, and my best response is that it is an individual choice. I weigh myself daily, and I find that is what holds ME accountable. For others, it is once a week, every other week, or even every month.
    This is your personal preference. You have to do what works for YOU.
    Kaye
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday also. I'm addicted to the scale lol!! But my official weigh in is Tuesdays!!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I personally try to do it once a week, but I don't think much of it if I do it more than that. It's really a personal choice. Your body weight can fluctuate quite a bit, especially in regards to water weight, which I'm learning about first hand!
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I try to weight myself only once a week, but it usually ends up being more like 2 or 3 times. I only do one "official" weight in though. I have heard that weighing in daily can be discouraging since your weight can fluctuate so much naturally.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, typically on Fridays. And I usually wear the same thing when I weigh in too.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning. (I do sometimes check in between though, sometimes daily, but that's not good for me... usually just stresses me out!)
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in every morning...I'm trying to stop doing this because today was the first time I actually gained (.8lbs) and I was devastated! But I'm trying not to let it get the best of me. Official weigh in days are Tuesdays but I log the weight loss everyday. (Unless it's a gain!)
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Friday morning, same scale, same clothes (or lack of clothes), prior to any consumption of food/beverages.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week because I've noticed too many fluctuations otherwise :smile:
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning just to stay on top of things, but my weigh-in day is Tuesday and that's the weight I record once a week.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I too weigh myself daily, but im doing weight watchers and for that i weigh in on fridays and also doing the 30DS so i weigh in and measure for that every 10 days.
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Wednesday, there is weeks where I will get on the scale more than once if I feel the need to be nosey and I just can't wait till Wednesday. LOL Otherwise it's once a week for me.