plateau

Options
I hit a plateau I've been 128 for about two weeks now. What to do?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is not a plateau. I've been stuck for three weeks because of TOM and then adding lifting back into my routine. Though looking through your diary, are you weighing/measuring all your food?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Two weeks is not a plateau. I've been stuck for three weeks because of TOM and then adding lifting back into my routine. Though looking through your diary, are you weighing/measuring all your food?

Agree on the plateau thing - generally six weeks of consistent logging with no change is a plateau. You might be experiencing a stall - which still sucks.

But if you're not weighing or measuring your food (or logging every day), it could very well be that you're eating more than you think and tightening up on that accuracy will help you lose again.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't really a big deal...it's normal. Just keep logging and measuring your food. If it lasts a few more weeks then try re-evaluating your calorie intake. Also make sure you are drinking enough water, getting enough sleep and reducing stress - those can make weight loss harder.

Best of luck!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    jissn.com/content/11/1/7

islandrgurl808 a guy into working out posted this on another thread that I found to be the most helpful thing on understanding what can happen when on a deficit calorie diet. While it is a research paper it it not too hard to grasp the main points. The summary is nice.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    jissn.com/content/11/1/7

islandrgurl808 a guy into working out posted this on another thread that I found to be the most helpful thing on understanding what can happen when on a deficit calorie diet. While it is a research paper it it not too hard to grasp the main points. The summary is nice.

You really don't understand what that paper is about do you?

>_<
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I love stalls ...because they are followed by a whoosh generally, if you've been sticking accurately to your calorie defecit

The only problem is some people try weird things to get their weight loss going again after a couple of weeks and when the whoosh happens they have "proof" and then they feel free to spread around that doing this or buying that or eating/not eating the other is the cure

If you are truly weighing/logging your food and estimating your activity calories correctly then the whoosh is coming

Oh it's coming

If you build it, he will come

*slight attack of the vapours picturing Ray Liotta now*. :grinning:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    jissn.com/content/11/1/7

You really don't understand what that paper is about do you?

>_<

Shhh

Don't poke the bear
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'm the bear.

You should see my shoulders. ;)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    jissn.com/content/11/1/7

Gale, stop taking things out of context and spreading more misinformation around the boards. All you do is cherry pick certain information and attempt to give it practical application, despite your inability to see the big picture.

I wonder what would happen if I were to post a study which showed a correlation between you postings and the IQ of those around you plummeting. Perhaps you would go spreading that around the boards instead?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I love stalls ...because they are followed by a whoosh generally, if you've been sticking accurately to your calorie defecit

The only problem is some people try weird things to get their weight loss going again after a couple of weeks and when the whoosh happens they have "proof" and then they feel free to spread around that doing this or buying that or eating/not eating the other is the cure

If you are truly weighing/logging your food and estimating your activity calories correctly then the whoosh is coming

Oh it's coming

If you build it, he will come

*slight attack of the vapours picturing Ray Liotta now*. :grinning:

I've been the same weight for a month, but I've increased my calories twice in that month, so I know there's carb-influenced retention lol. Looking forward to this WOOSH.