First Official Summer Challenge - Initial Weigh-in

Options
Hi All! Welcome to the First Official Summer Challenge of 2011 (aka continuation of 149Lore's challenge). We have 9 people officially signed up for the challenge, and since most said they could benefit from teams, I've divided us into two teams. 149Lore has graciously agreed to be a team leader again, and I'm hoping Snookemz will be able to take on that role again for the orange team. If not, I'll be the team leader. I've tried to keep existing teams together, but since there were large differences in weights, I had to break some up to try to keep it close for fairness.

Below I will post the information I've received from you all, which includes all of your starting weights and a few have personal weight goals. Please check the numbers and make sure they are correct, and let me know ASAP if there is an issue so I can correct it.

Our overall Goals are:
1. Support for our teammates and all members of the challenge.
2. Lose as much weight as we can both individually and as a team by June 30
3. Set/achieve any personal goals that you all may have
4. Last but by no means least, have fun.

Here's how this works:
1. Today is the initial weigh in. We will start recording weight loss next Monday.
2. Please make sure that you are friends with everyone on your team (and me) for easier communication.
3. Your team leader will let you know how/when they need to get your MONDAY weights from you, so that they can email them to me by the MONDAY NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT deadline.
4. If you miss your team leader's deadline, you still have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY NIGHT to email them to me and make it on the list.
5. Two weeks of us not getting your weigh-ins and we will drop you off the list.
6. I will post weekly results on a separate post every Tuesday. Please do not post your official weigh ins on the post, but you can use it to add supportive comments.

Here We go:

Starting Weight Personal Goal Weight on June 30
Purple:
**149lore 190.6
Mamabearr 139 125
Wanderlaura 198.4
Restlessme 165
Sandie001 237
TOTAL GROUP 930

Orange:
**Snookemz 352
Gatorflyer 182.2 175
MomOfMikeandLiam 132.5 126
Lynnie07 195
TOTAL GROUP 861.7

Thanks to all fo you for participating. Please let me know if I have messed anything up on numbers.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• gladysrutter
    gladysrutter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I would like to know if we are able to sign up for this still? as I have just become a member today, and would find this very motivating!! If not, that is okay too thanks anyway! xoxo
  • holliebee2
    holliebee2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well, if there is still room. :)
  • slimdebbiecakes
    Options
    Yeah I want to know as well. Is it too late?
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I'd love to be on someone's team.
  • Ljc3
    Ljc3 Posts: 46
    Options
    Me too! Am I too late? Lol
  • lynnie07
    lynnie07 Posts: 52
    Options
    Let's do this and have a great time while doing it!
    : D
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    To the current members of our challenge...

There are several new people that saw the post (see other requests on this thread) and would like to join. Since I gave you all a deadline of yesterday for letting me know, I am going to pose it to you guys to decide if we let others in. If we do, it's going to just be people that let me know by a certain time today. Majority rules. Weigh in with your thoughts please.

Sue
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey Gator! I must have missed your initial posting....would love to join in if that's still an option at this point!
  • gatorflyer
    Options
    I did forget one who contacted me last week, so she's been added below and the list updated.

Starting Weight Personal Goal Weight on June 30
    Purple:
    **149lore 190.6
    Mamabearr 139 125
    Wanderlaura 198.4
    Restlessme 165
    Sandie001 237
    TOTAL GROUP 930

Orange:
    **Snookemz 352
    Gatorflyer 182.2 175
    MomOfMikeandLiam 132.5 126
    Lynnie07 195
    sdgirl27 157 147 (forgot to add earlier)

TOTAL GROUP 1018.7
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    I would happily welcome any newcomers looking for this kind of support. It's not as if we have some prize at the end of this that we don't want to share... (grin). Anyhow, I'm okay with any decision you make.
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I dont mind more people joining.
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't mind others joining as well. :)
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well if I still can.
  • gatorflyer
    Options
    Looks like the group is ok with adding new members. Today is the LAST day that I will add new members since I need to figure out whether to add to the existing groups or make up a new group. Tomorrow I will respost a new thread that has Everyone included. No more additions after today. If anyone would like to step up and be the team lead, please let me know. I may have to add a third team to accommodate the numbers and not put too much pressure on the leaders. I *may* have to move people around to accommodate a third team, so leaders, please hold off on your introductory email to your members.

Your tasks are:

1. Send an introductory email to your team members re-explaining how this works.
    2. Send me the list of your team members results every Monday (no later than midnight Monday night)
    3. Act as a cheerleader for your team - i.e. lead the charge of encouragement
    4. Anything else you would like to do (maybe your own team blog, whatever)

Thanks,

Sue
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    I will be happy to be a team leader, if you are still looking for someone.
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    honored to be a leader again :) I'm going to miss Sandie on my team! but at the same time, I'm excited to meet the two new members!
    Glad we're extending this to new members, the more the merrier, right? :)
  • WanderLaura
    WanderLaura Posts: 135
    Options
    I would LOVE to have more people join! Also, I would be more than happy to be a team leader if need be!!
  • lynnie07
    lynnie07 Posts: 52
    Options
    the more the better! : D
  • slimdebbiecakes
    Options
    bump
  • gatorflyer
    Options
    OK, the final teams and instructions are listed for our summer weigh in. Here's the new thread. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231717-final-and-official-first-summer-challenge-initial-weigh-in