So all you thanksgiving people? How did it go?

Options
Did you have fun?

Are you kicking yourself for bad choices or happy with how you spent the day?

when it came to it, was it really such a big deal?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yup I ate almost 6000 calories and it was worth every bit. *burp*
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it... enjoyed every bit of 6000+ calories
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    In fact I am gonna have pie for breakfast. :bigsmile:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

This is why you are one of my favorite friends :)
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Not such a deal. Ate what I wanted (within reason) and didn't really think about it too much.
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No clue about the calories (gave myself the day off from logging) but..........enjoyed every single bite. Back to logging today............already started w/the pumpkin pie for breakfast but think that is the last of the Thanksgiving day food for me.. Gotta be (reasonably) good until Xmas eve night!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed the food. I don't "kick" myself for food choices anymore, so that's moot.

The day after though is usually the bigger eats day for me. Cooking on Thanksgiving tends to blunt my appetite. Plus the food is typically better the next day, having sat and marinated overnight in all the seasonings.
  • gcwillig
    gcwillig Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Stayed below my calorie goal. Weighed, measured and logged every bite. Walked my first 5k. Did Strong Lifts after dinner. Had an awesome time with family. No regrets.
  • dale530
    Options
    Came in under my calorie goal so I think it went great!
  • dale530
    Options
    gcwillig wrote: »
    Stayed below my calorie goal. Weighed, measured and logged every bite. Walked my first 5k. Did Strong Lifts after dinner. Had an awesome time with family. No regrets.

well done!!

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

This is why you are one of my favorite friends :)

Where is mine???
    I'm doing the feast today, as yesterday I went to..... not my house.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Didn't overdo it at dinner. Mostly because my family actually started the meal without me (and my husband and kids)!!! Dinner ended up being ready earlier than expected, and they decided to go ahead and eat while it was still warm. And they didn't realize we weren't there yet! I know I'm a quiet person, my husband too, but to be completely forgotten hurts. They apologized, we put on our pretend happy faces for the evening, and on the way home I told my husband and kids we were buying treats on the way home. Not many places open so just ended up at walgreens. We all bought our favorite bag of candy and I told them they could eat as much as they wanted. So I had more than my fair share of candy at the end of the day and I deserved every bit of it!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    juniorette wrote: »
    Didn't overdo it at dinner. Mostly because my family actually started the meal without me (and my husband and kids)!!! Dinner ended up being ready earlier than expected, and they decided to go ahead and eat while it was still warm. And they didn't realize we weren't there yet! I know I'm a quiet person, my husband too, but to be completely forgotten hurts. They apologized, we put on our pretend happy faces for the evening, and on the way home I told my husband and kids we were buying treats on the way home. Not many places open so just ended up at walgreens. We all bought our favorite bag of candy and I told them they could eat as much as they wanted. So I had more than my fair share of candy at the end of the day and I deserved every bit of it!

that's quite sad

but the last bit - I'd try to work on that if I were you - food should not be a salve for hurt feelings
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    juniorette wrote: »

that's quite sad

but the last bit - I'd try to work on that if I were you - food should not be a salve for hurt feelings

Honestly I've been maintaining for a year and half, ran a 10k yesterday morning, was a 1/2 pound under my goal as of yesterday morning, so I think I'm good having some chocolate. I was more worried that I hadn't eaten back my exercise calories and getting even more under my goal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Did you have fun?

Are you kicking yourself for bad choices or happy with how you spent the day?

when it came to it, was it really such a big deal?

It was a pretty good day. I spent time with family. Everyone was in a pretty good mood and there were no disasters. The food turned out pretty tasty.
    I didn't go over my calorie goal. I ate plenty of food and stopped when I was full. I didn't skip anything I wanted. I'm happy with my choices. Not a big deal.
    I didn't exercise. I took a nap instead. It was a great nap.
    I had pumpkin pie for breakfast today.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm still full this morning. But after being on MFP, and after logging calories, I have come to see how my 1,600 calorie dinner is really no big deal in the grand scheme of things! Which is awesome! I have such a better attitude towards large dinners like this.
  • IIGuardian
    IIGuardian Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    3400 calories and it felt good!
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It was fine. I didn't overeat. Then again, holiday food is not my favorite.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Didn't track, but after all the walking I did in the morning I should have stayed within 1000 of my goal.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I ate with abandon, it was so much fun. I'm still full :p