What do you serve guests for lunch?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
We're having family over for lunch (well, they're not coming specifically for lunch but will be here at lunchtime). We did sandwiches, soup (butternut squash) and salad (just lettuce and tomato but I had to put dressing on it) a couple days ago, and we have some leftovers (ok the bread is mostly dinner rolls from yesterday or packaged bread at this point) so will probably do the same thing, but what do you typically serve people when they come for lunch?

I really don't want either of those things because after yesterday I really need low calorie, filling foods (and there is hardly any soup left anyway and I won't have time to make more, but I might have time to do a quick grocery run).

Suggestions? I don't want to be the odd one making myself a bag of frozen veggies and having a can of tuna but I might have to (or might pretend not to be hungry and have lunch when they're gone).

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    monkey brains.
  • citykitty256
    Options
    Is there turkey day leftovers? How about turkey day stuffed sandwiches? Stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce between two slices of bread.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Can you whip up a quick quiche? or a frittata? Great with a side salad, filling, tasty and easy to make...