1 year of progress, 35 lbs down, 5 to go?

Options
Cleblanc87
Cleblanc87 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
Only 6.5 months in pics however:
November 24, '14 - June 16, '14 - May 5, '14
us8y7jorzu86.png
mayy848raphj.png

Last December I was 195 at 5'7" at 26 years old, I wish I had pics but I was too down about myself to take any. I had been running consistently for a couple months but not minding my diet.

I started a strength program from bodybuilding.com in March of the this year, with some strength gains, but not a lot of weight loss. The leftmost picture was taken May 5th, about 1 month before I switched to a barbell centric program, GSLP.

I started taking diet serious around July, making sure to weigh my food and learn to eat at a moderate deficit, mfp was instrumental here of course. I also started running more and riding a bike, Runkeeper has worked great for me for both of these.

My lifts continued to progress until early November, now I am just lifting at the same level to maintain while I finish this cut. I plan to switch to Stronglifts when I am ready to stop focusing on loosing fat, and start building muscle. Currently I am around 160, I think I should be done cutting by the end of the year. So far I am super pleased, but I want to finish losing my gut!

3 Mile time from 1 year ago:
xgzqufzcl9tv.png

5k (3.1) today:
zq1htg2vb71y.png

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!