It's working!!! I'm UNSTUCK!

Options

Replies

• Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!! Such a relief to see those scales move again!!! :bigsmile:
  • MysticMoon
    MysticMoon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have definitely hit a wall, as i've been against this wall for 3 months. So i'm definitely going to try this out. I've been hovering over the same 3lbs and it's driving me nuts! I already eat very healthy, grill everything and barely eat any junk. So it's hard to cut things down more, so perhaps relaxing at weekends like i thoughts to try this week will help.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    congrats! i need to try this too! although I am kind of doing this already since I have taken a break from recording all my food in the diary...
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Awesome info!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! :D
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump for when I hit a plateau ;)
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Thanks for the tips!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Great info!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I have been stuck for almost one month now, bouncing up and down between 158-161. I increased my calories, as I may have been eating too little, but so far no change. I am going to give it another week, then try to zig zag my way out of this plateau. Congrats on getting the scale moving again!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I had not heard of zig-zagging before.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maillekelly
    maillekelly Posts: 132
    Options
    That sounds so great, I started zigzagging today, I'm confused though, you eat back all your exercise calories?! I haven't been doing that :/ do you have any more info on this?
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this too. Are you set at a 1 pound week weight loss to get your starting numbers? If I use a one pound week weight loss and use this method, it gives me my max def number of 900 calories.
  • heatherldew
    Options
    bump!
  • Sho_Rowell
    Sho_Rowell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • klininger
    klininger Posts: 44
    Options
    so how long do you keep zig-zagging before you go back to your regular recommended daily number?
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That sounds so great, I started zigzagging today, I'm confused though, you eat back all your exercise calories?! I haven't been doing that :/ do you have any more info on this?

IMO, you should definitely be doing that. If you eat back all your exercise calories and still lose (or lose even better!) why wouldn't you? Try it and see how you do...
  • Just1forMe
    Options
    I am going to try this too. Are you set at a 1 pound week weight loss to get your starting numbers? If I use a one pound week weight loss and use this method, it gives me my max def number of 900 calories.

Yes, I am set to 1 pound per week. I was set at sedentary until Newfiedan suggested I change it to lightly active. I wasn't sure I agreed because it upped my regular daily MFP calorie goal to 1440...but, he was right! I am losing so much better now! I'm not sure what the Max deficit number has to do with it? The zig zag is based on you MFP calorie goal & your Calories Burned From Normal Daily Activity (found under Goals on MFP, top right corner). If you don't have much to lose, you may need to add some calories to your weekly goal. I am confident you will still lose :)
  • Just1forMe
    Options
    so how long do you keep zig-zagging before you go back to your regular recommended daily number?

I guess when you stop losing :laugh:

I don't know, I'll let you know when I have to shake things up again. If anyone else has experience with this, feel free to jump in and help us out...