For those who dare step on the scale Post-Thanksgiving remember...

Options
Its going to take more than one day to mess up your entire progress. Yeah, you may be up 5, 10, 15 lbs but lets be honest....its probably water weight anyways and will FALL off once you get back on track :)

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I was up 3 lbs. (in one night) I am not upset in the least but it does make me realize how easy it is to gain and why we have such an obesity epidemic.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was down a half pound. I think my scale must be broken, I stepped on it four times to be sure!
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You guys are lucky! I am 9.6 lbs up in one night....
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I don't even dare to weigh in today.
  • GunbunnyFuFu
    GunbunnyFuFu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Up 3 pounds as well. At least part of it is water weight from all the sodium (but it was so dang tasty!). Logging an extra workout or two and moving on without regret, as it was a day filled with family and friends. Two or three workouts is chump change compared to the fun (and good food!) that was had, at least in my opinion.

I can see why the obesity epidemic occurs as well..most fast food has horribly high caloric content, high sodium content, or both (even some "healthy choice" menu items). Logging what I eat (and the research that I've had to do to make sure I was logging correctly) has taught me volumes, and really opened my eyes up.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I was 1 lb heavier and I know it is water weight because everything was salted more than I usually do when I cook, not to mention 2 glasses of wine.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Up 2. But that pie was soooooo gooooood!

ETA ok ok...it wasn't just pie...it was the rolls...and the stuffing...and the mashed potatoes and gravy...and the wine! Back on track today!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm up two. I know I didn't eat 7,000 calories yesterday, though, so I am totally not sweating it.

(I will be curious to see what it does to my moving average over the next week, though)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am up 2 lbs... no big deal :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    dead even. Still going to have a strict nutrition day today. Already have worked out, going to 12000 steps.. Because I can!
  • earlnabby
    Options
    *snip* Logging what I eat (and the research that I've had to do to make sure I was logging correctly) has taught me volumes, and really opened my eyes up.

Me too. It also showed me I can enjoy all foods in moderate portions. Yesterday I had a small pile of mashed potatoes instead of the mountain I usually have and it was an estimated 65 calories! I loved my potatoes and didn't need all of the extra to enjoy dinner. Same thing with appetizers. My 3 pear-bleu cheese tartlets were 159 calories (I made them so I was able to enter the recipe in MFP). I didn't need more that that to enjoy, especially since we also had shrimp which is a great high protein, low fat appetizer.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    3 lbs. Oh well. Don't worry, I feel like pretty soon I'm going to have to release a few of those.

Don't go in there for 35-45 minutes.

:laugh:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Up 1.8. No big, especially because I've been in water weight city most of the month.
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was up 2 pounds.
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    *snip* Logging what I eat (and the research that I've had to do to make sure I was logging correctly) has taught me volumes, and really opened my eyes up.

Me too. It also showed me I can enjoy all foods in moderate portions. Yesterday I had a small pile of mashed potatoes instead of the mountain I usually have and it was an estimated 65 calories! I loved my potatoes and didn't need all of the extra to enjoy dinner. Same thing with appetizers. My 3 pear-bleu cheese tartlets were 159 calories (I made them so I was able to enter the recipe in MFP). I didn't need more that that to enjoy, especially since we also had shrimp which is a great high protein, low fat appetizer.

Maybe I should have taken this advice. I did not know what moderation is yesterday(obvi) but not having to think about what im eating felt SOOOOOOO good. haha
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Only up .25 lb. I can deal with that!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Up 6 lbs... no big deal but MrM hurry the hell up
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Up 5.2 lbs. But...you know...stuffing.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Maybe I should have taken this advice. I did not know what moderation is yesterday(obvi) but not having to think about what im eating felt SOOOOOOO good. haha

There's a place for that too. Enjoying time with family and friends without worrying about what you are eating is wonderful!