So all you thanksgiving people? How did it go?

Options

Replies

• feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    In fact I am gonna have pie for breakfast. :bigsmile:

I like to do that on a normal day. ;)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    joey-not-even-sorry.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    In fact I am gonna have pie for breakfast. :bigsmile:

I like to do that on a normal day. ;)

Today's pie will be actually 3 slices of different ones, plus leftover ham maybe. Hell maybe I'll go out for pancakes. :P
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i'm disappointed in myself.

woke up late, had to clean off the cars and move them for the plow. this left me no time to create my breakfast feast.

tried to make up for it at dinner...2 plates, bottle of champagne, 2 desserts.

felt like i was failing, so when we got home, i ate a tray of bruschetta, and a piece of pizza with 3 cinnamon whiskeys neat.

i'm not sure i hit my goal, but will continue the gluttony today with the enormous batch of buffalo chicken dip i made last night and brought to work.

#thestruggleisreal
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I did good. I ate what I like the best, balanced my plate between veggies, meat, dressing and 2 kinds of cranberry relish, had 2 small crescent dinner rolls, a small veggie salad, a 2' square piece of cake with coolwhip topping and half a slice of cream pie with a cup of coffee. Never felt overfull, never felt hungry, didn't have enough sugar to set off a binge later.
  • NickGEngr
    Options
    I did pretty good I would say for Thanksgiving! Didn't work out at all, but tried to focus on not eating too much. Had some sweets at the end of the day, but I figured I wasn't going to be too clean. :smiley:
  • dlvuyovich
    dlvuyovich Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I went hog-wild when it came to it. But first, took time to go to thee gym and do an HIIT workout. I ate a good portion of the bread I made, plenty of stuffing, green bean casserole and lots to drink. Finished off three pieces of pie.

I ate, drank, was grateful and am back on track today. Feeling it, but getting over it.
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I overate but less than I have in the past years. My downfall is the cheese queso dip! Forget the turkey, just give me cheese queso and corn chips! Of course it beyond wonderful to spend time with extended family members, to drink, laugh, and eat!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I was going to cook my dinner (some chicken), but my neighbors invited me yesterday to Thanksgiving dinner. I may have been born and raised here in the US, but I've never had a typical American thanksgiving. It was ok... don't know what the huge fuss is all about. I ate a little of everything, and just logged "Thanksgiving dinner" cuz I don't really know the names of the foods I ate. I didn't stuff myself, I just ate the normal amount of my usual dinner. :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Didn't log; didn't overeat; had a great time. Went shopping this morning.
  • BoSox2013WS
    Options
    its a holiday, why nit pick and count calories...its a day spent with family and friends, enjoy it...it wont kill you
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Didnt really count but I'd estimate 2500 or so. I dont drink which def seems to keep the calories lower than most ppl
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I went on a 3 day water fast, starting the day before Thanksgiving, ending today. Lost 3.6 pounds so far. Feel much better than after the usual Thanksgiving overeating. Sent the hubby off to a Thanksgiving party away from home. Think I should do it every year!!!
  • jaynalawayna
    jaynalawayna Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had given myself permission to eat whatever I wanted and however much I wanted - but in the end reflexes kicked in - I took small portions and kept under my daily goal. I had big plans for an 8 mile walk but realized I had too much to do in the kitchen to fit it in - I walk today,
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Pohudet wrote: »
    I went on a 3 day water fast, starting the day before Thanksgiving, ending today. Lost 3.6 pounds so far. Feel much better than after the usual Thanksgiving overeating. Sent the hubby off to a Thanksgiving party away from home. Think I should do it every year!!!

:noway:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Pohudet wrote: »

this makes me sad
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    Under my calorie goal for the day and exercised. I just don't care for the 'it's a holiday, so I'll eat whatever/not log' mentality.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I estimated about 2000 calories for the meal. It didn't seem like a lot when I was eating. I had one plate and a piece of pie. Now, to get back to normal eating/logging
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I haven't had mine yet. We get it today. I've been eating nonstop since Wednesday night. I'm over it.