For those who dare step on the scale Post-Thanksgiving remember...

Options
2»

Replies

• katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Down several tenths of a pound. I credit moderate portions and lots of activity.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Up three pounds, presumably water weight. I'm sure I'll stall this week but it's worth it.

Gorged on vegetables yesterday. I mean, vegetables smothered in butter and cheese, but they were veggies all the same. So... got my vitamins in, I'm counting it as a win.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Up .6 of a pound, but I just delivered a giant food baby, so I think I might even have a loss. I'm not going to bother weighing again 'till tomorrow.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at exactly the same weight as yesterday morning.
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Up .6 of a pound, but I just delivered a giant food baby, so I think I might even have a loss. I'm not going to bother weighing again 'till tomorrow.

LMAOOOOOOO
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Down several tenths of a pound. I credit moderate portions and lots of activity.

This.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Nary an ounce gained here, and I ate like a mad cat. I learned long ago the scale is not the best tool for judging gains or losses, and so much can affect your weight. I did for a long time way my self daily to see the fluxes in my weight. Found a pattern, and I found the certain foods (i.e. Heavily salted foods) can effect me by as much as 7 lbs.
    Now, days like Thanksgiving no longer stress me, and I simply enjoy a few bites of everything. I get to relax, enjoy and truly splurge without guilt or ill effects. It really is about knowing your body, and staying well hydrated to flush the excess toxins from your system.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    no even going to bother, because I know it is all water weight….
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Up 0.2 lbs. Small portions except on the sweet potato pie and the mac and cheese. Oh well.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Pounds mean nothing to me, the way my clothes fit and my measurements are what matters most to me. Trash the scale.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm only up one pound. My family helped serve Thanksgiving dinner at a woman's homeless shelter and I'm sure it was loaded with sodium. So worth it though!!
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was up 3 lbs. (in one night) I am not upset in the least but it does make me realize how easy it is to gain and why we have such an obesity epidemic.

Same here! I know there is no way I gained 3 lbs. So I just gave it a chuckle and moved it. It is scary how easy it is to gain. :'(
  • Katiex100
    Katiex100 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When I got on my scale this morning..... it broke. I hope that's coincidental.....
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha! So much nope! I split my dessert with my husband and I didn't take large portions or seconds on anything, and I drank only water, but yet I know those foods were so high calorie..... nope nope nope!!! I am waiting a week, no *kitten*, before I step on any scale.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Down a pound, but I ate as usual.
    0293478_l.jpg
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    down a pound

I made my own special dinner cooked from scratch
    Only adding to the whole dinner was the french fried onions But i knew they contain a lot of salt so only did 1 oz on my portion

But now tonight...sighs...... traditional night out ( couple times a year) were a friend of us plays here in Las Vegas. We always visit her concerts but before we eat a slice of Pizza........

So we will see tomorrow what the scale says
    One thing i know i will work my *** off today and the coming days in the gym
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Down a pound :) I had mostly veggies for apps (and a scallop wrapped in bacon), moderate (for me) wine and no dessert. But I felt good!
  • pmanney
    pmanney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No weight change.

I have been dreading the arrival of the holiday season, as I have recently managed to lose almost 40 lbs., and have been worried about slipping back into my old habits and gaining it back when presented with the opportunity to stuff myself with treats.

Lunch: 4 oz. turkey, one slice of bread's worth of stuffing, and one dab of gravy (which I should not eat) on my last piece of turkey as a treat. Oh yes, a bowl of fruit and some raw vegetables with a small amount if dip. Due to the grandchildren's visit and a family discussion, I did not eat the healthy snacks I am supposed to eat between meals, and dinner--pretty much the same, minus fruit--was late. MFP yelled at me for not eating enough for the day, but I did not want to stuff myself just before bed.
  • LindaMc6262
    LindaMc6262 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you'll poop it out soon, if you haven't already ;) One day won't mess you up!
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Down .2 pound. Thanksgiving grub isn't really my deal so it was small portions and stopping well before the point of stuffed, but I did have a piece of home made chocolate pie and it was everything I'd hoped it would be.

Looking at the plates being made around me though... wow.