Morning calories....

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
Anyone else eat a lot of calories before noon? I am starving in the morning and usually eat 400-600 calories before lunch time.....I can't just eat a yogurt or piece of fruit cuz' I get shakey by 10-11am. I don't know how some can sustain only eating 1200 calories per day...I started out at 1450 calories and after a month had to up to 1700 calories cuz' I was dragging *kitten*!! I am a big girl but dang....even 1700 calories per day does'nt seem like enough on some days!!

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Try eating complex carbs and protein. I have recently begun stirring in a tablespoon of peanut butter into my oatmeal, and I am finding it keeps me full until my lunchtime at work.
    Kaye
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have found that I do better if I have something like an omlette for breakfast. If I have yogurt and fruit I tend to want to eat more for lunch and dinner.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually 400-500 calories. Like you, I need that fuel in the morning. I usually have a lighter lunch and a small afternoon snack and dinner is around 400-600 calories. I don't have any trouble staying within my 1540 calorie goal.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite.....I don't eat a lot before lunch and most of my calories are consumed in afternoon/evening meal...
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    Options
    Yogurt and fruit couldn't tide me over either. I definitely second the oatmeal thing, low calorie and it sticks to your ribs. [: Try high fiber cereal, the low calorie english muffins (Whole grain!) and egg beaters.

I always have to have fiber and some sort of protein in the morning unless I want to pass out later on in the day.
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    Monday mornings are my tough day. I have a hard time waiting until lunch to eat. I've tried the oatmeal in the morning but it doesn't fill me up. I have been having the low cal turkey cheese bagels which seem to fill me up.
  • CallMeMrsLewis
    CallMeMrsLewis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI!

Protein and Fiber will be your friends!

Try oatmeal, peanut butter, hardboiled eggs. I will sometimes eat peanut butter on whole wheat toast or peanut butter on a multigrain waffle. Just some suggestions.

I agree with you, I can not eat fruit and yogurt, I still feel hungry.
  • drjackson23
    drjackson23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am like that too, I usually end up eating a meal, that is pretty low calorie. it will help you feel full but youre still doing good on your calories too, like shrimp or some type of grilled fish filet, it helped me too if i force myself to drink a bottle of water before i eat too, I feel full alot faster. I'm a country girl so I crave those fried battered foods. if you still have the need to snack , try out raW veggies, too! The hardest part of dieting is getting out of the habit of eating so many bad foods.:)
  • poesch77
    Options
    Today I had a egg white omelet with mushrooms and feta with a whole wheat bagel.....I also caved and had a fatfree mocha which not sure how accurate calories were in it because got it at a local coffee shop and just used a generic from database. I am very full right now....probably did'nt need bagel (110 calorie one) but always so famished in the am!! I do have oatmeal on some mornings but have never tried to add PB in it...will have to try this....sounds quite good....I love me some PB!! Thnks for the tips!!
  • poesch77
    Options
    HI!

Protein and Fiber will be your friends!

Try oatmeal, peanut butter, hardboiled eggs. I will sometimes eat peanut butter on whole wheat toast or peanut butter on a multigrain waffle. Just some suggestions.

I agree with you, I can not eat fruit and yogurt, I still feel hungry.

I also do the multigrain waffle with PB too...my lil girl loves this!! But I really could eat 2 of them !!! LOL!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I think that is normal when you are eating "right," for the most part. You are up and breaking the fast. Some don't get hungry, they may be "morning people" (like Me) who have more energy early and need more food as the day goes on. Dinner is My main "big" meal, so again, food is not that needed in the morning.

Sometimes we just have to take the "discomfort" of feeling hungry or eating right when we want to make a Lifestyle change and know we are eating enough calories. If you keep escalating your calories you may not have enough of a deficit to lose weight, but you may maintain. Sometimes, adjusting to the "discomfort" is really difficult, so you may have to re-evaluate your Health and Fitness Goals.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I eat about 500-600 cals in the morning because I need it to fuel my day. I drag if I don't.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem. I found that eating oatmeal has really helped me. I get the plain quick oats, then add little almond milk, and usually some peanut butter. It's so yummy and seems to keep me full until lunch time. Every now and then I'll add fruit instead of PB just to give breakfast some variety. If I get hungry throughout the morning, I try to snack on some fruits or veggies to hold me over until lunch.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to have protein with my meals, especially in the mornings. I usually eat eggs in some variation during the week. Saturdays and Sundays are very busy days that start early for my family so we typically cook sausage and everyone grabs something in addition to it. I usually have a green smoothie with mine (spinach, fruit, protein powder and a green powder). Keeps me going and gives me lots of good energy. It's a pretty calorie dense breakfast but does so much to make me start off my day feeling good and strong and I don't have a crash like I do when I eat carbs for breakfast. I love oatmeal but no matter what I add to it (nuts, seeds, fruit) I'm still starving within a very short period of time. Maybe if I stirred some steak into it. :D
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have been upping my proteins and lowering my carbs, lately too. I have found that I am less hungry that way. Anyway, another yummy way I have eggs is this kinda low carb danish type thing.

1 egg
    2 tbs cream cheese
    1 splenda or sugar
    a splash of lemon juice

Mix it together, but leaving a bit of the cream cheese chunky for creamy bits in it. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes and eat. You can also season it with cinnamon or top it with a bit of jam. I have found that high carbs in the morning make me more ravenous by mid-morning and it makes my calorie counts much higher. This way I get an occasional sweet breakfast rather than the usual salty egg/cheese flavor.

Oh and I LOVE peanut butter on waffles. So good.