best workout Bra for (ahem, sorry TMI) large breasted women?

Options
:blushing:

Hi!

Im doing the 30ds and noticed that there is a lot of jumping and well being (TMI) a bit large on top, they tend to hurt when doing those exercises and wanted to know what workout Bra you recommend? the Bra I use now is not doing it's job... :angry:

thanks for your help!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I use my regular bra and a sports bra on top. For the most part, it works for me. I do jogging quite a bit. =)
  • Roo1026
    Roo1026 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I also use a regular bra with a sports bra over it. This helps a lot! Good luck!
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    I do martial arts (Kung Fu & Tai Chi). Yes, lots of jumping & tumbling!

I double up on the sports bras and that keeps the girls in place pretty well.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    http://www.zappos.com/moving-comfort-maia-bra-white

it has done great great great great great great great things for my tig ol biddies!
  • hacnbac
    hacnbac Posts: 11
    Options
    I remember seeing something about this one day. I wish I could remember where so I could provide a link. But basically it suggested using a neoprene bra. It basically looked like a bra made out of scuba suit material.
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I have two brands one a Shock Absorber and the other Anita Active. I prefer the Anita Active as it is more comfortable. They both work well for jumping about and running. I am located in the UK so not sure if you can get those brands in USA.
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So I don't have this problem, Im lucky to fill a B lol. However Oprah and my very well endowed sister in law tell me Enell is the way to go. They are pricey but apparently well worth it for high impact activity.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not big at all , but I know what you mean. I just hate the bounce.

Here's an article with different recommendations - based on size.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/the-best-sports-bras-for-women-of-all-sizes-2477247/
  • lisa_2011
    lisa_2011 Posts: 11
    Options
    lots to choose from, thanks so much ladies!
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not speaking out of bounds here (being a guy.)

1. Look at tennis apparel. Women's tennis has a lot of stop-n-go, jumping etc. etc. I do recall a marketing ad, where it featured a sports bra with Anna Kournikova. "Only the ball should bounce."

2. Also overheard family and friends speaking about the "Best Bra Ever" or "Ah-Bra"; or something like that.

Maybe one of those idea might help.
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    Enell sports bra. BEST SPORTS BRA E.V.E.R.!!!!!!!!!!

www.enell.com
  • hjones831
    hjones831 Posts: 1
    Options
    I bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OWDSQ2/ref=asc_df_B000OWDSQ21549514/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395021&creativeASIN=B000OWDSQ2&linkCode=asn

It works great when I'm on the treadmill. I'll be honest, I don't get much over 3.5 mph, and not for very long yet. But it seems to really hold down the bounce when I'm running up the stairs from the basement.
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use Danskin Now size 38D. I got it at Walmart and I run, do plyometrics and it keeps me secure and comfortable.
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I used to do the "double layer" method but I've found that it's really tough on underwired bras because they're just not made for that kind of activity. Plus, nice bras get discolored from sweat. Now I've got a decent sports bra, so that method is a thing of the past.

I have D breasts and my preferred method is squashing them...the feeling of having them squashed takes some getting used to, but I am much more uncomfortable when they're bouncing around.

I bought a bra at a sporting goods store. The brand is Moving Comfort. They have a variety of styles online. Here's the link to mine:
    http://www.movingcomfort.com/Fiona/350003,default,pd.html?dwvar_350003_color=894

Wearing this bra alone (no other bra under it) I am able to horseback ride, jog, sprint, do jumping jacks, butt kicks, squat jumps, whatever and feel no bouncing-boob discomfort! It doesn't have an underwire, so I was skeptical...but it squashes so effectively you really don't need one.
  • Mandam1018
    Mandam1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I too find the best thing for me personally is to double up. I have bought expensive ones in that past but never had much luck. I now just wear an older underwire that is only for my workouts with a good, very tight, sports bra over the top and I feel much more comfortable that way.
  • Megan_lynne
    Options
    Oh Girl I know how ya feel I'm a 38F and this is great! Kinda expensive, but you can find them brand new on ebay for less.

http://www.enell.com/

SW:180
    CW:170
    GW:165(by 05/29/11)
    GW:155(by 06/12/11)
    GW:140(by 07/04/11)
  • saradusendang
    Options
    No more double or triple bagging it ladies! Check out the new she fit sports bra created by mother of 4 and fitness pro!

Www.shefitsportsbra.com
  • emmajohns88
    Options
    Awesome thread. I'm a C Cup but the bouncing around is so annoying- thanks for the tips!