Favorite Workout (that doesn't feel like a workout)?

Options
What is your favorite workout (that doesn't feel like a workout)?

I discovered spin early in my journey and it is still a favorite; a great burn and it is fun. At Christmas I received the UFC Personal Trainer XBOX game and am in love with it. It is so fun and I don't really feel like I am working out. Plus, I am "training" with some of my favorite fighters which makes it just a little bit cooler! I see a new addiction developing!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm trying my first spin class in about an hour. I look forward to reading others' suggestions, and hope to try a few in 2014.

My exercise addiction is yoga. I'm going to start practice at home, too.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    lifting heavy things!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire for me. I love the music and dancy moves. I get into it! I heard she might be doing a new program soon. I hope it's true. She really makes working out fun. I like Blogilates Pop Cardio too. So I guess music would be the thing that makes it fun for me.
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My favourite workout decidedly feels like one (running), but my second-favourite feels more art, although it's definitely a hard one: dancing. I do flamenco dancing and would love to try ballet but am afraid of embarrassing myself. When I dance I have to concentrate so hard that I don't even notice how the time passes and that I'm sweating like hell.

Also a great one: bouldering (or climbing). It's a full body workout and I love the challenge behind it so much that I hardly even notice my fatigue once I've chosen a route that I want to do. And when you get positive results, it typically looks quite impressive even to yourself. :happy:

And then there's swimming, but I guess that's just me. I'm half mermaid and being in the water seriously brings me so much joy that I don't care if what I do is exhausting or even repetitive.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    lifting heavy things!

This and some high impact aerobics + abs workout.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Sex.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    Swimming, zumba, kickboxing, biking, rowing,etc
  • mrsformaldehyde
    mrsformaldehyde Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    kickboxing!
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    lifting heavy things!

This
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Snowboarding ;)
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Tennis, golf (walking), bike riding.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    playing with my kids. I think my daughter can reach about 10 feet high with a good "toss" or putting her on my shoulders and running up little hills.

You can even do some plyometrics.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    mountain biking. being out in nature is awesome, and if you're on trails and mtb course, the hills and turns pretty much give you a speed work out.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Hula hooping
    biking
    kayaking
    hiking
    dancing
    sailing
    swimming

I just do my resistance training so that I can do all that stuff better :) Oh, and so that I can try out a silk aerials class someday.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Skiing, roller blading, squash, hiking
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    zumba
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Dance Dance Revolution and parapara dancing... only.