Indoor/Limited Exercising during winter?

Options
I can't go outside or to a gym for numerous reasons for the next several months (at least March or so) for many personal/family reasons. But I hate not doing anything exercise wise. I have almost made it to my goal of 129 lbs (133-134 right now), so once I reach my goal, I thought it would be a good idea to just work on strength training.

As cheesy as they are, I've heard good thing about workout videos by Jillian Michaels or the "7 minute abs" video on Youtube. Stuff like that is what I'm aiming for because I've lost all of the fat that I need to, I would just like to work on muscles now. I feel like if I start now, by the time early summer rolls around, I should look pretty decent!

Ideas, thoughts, comments?

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I like the videos on fitnessblender.com and jessicasmithtv.com
    Both have a combination of cardio workouts and strength workouts.

That's really all I do.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for strength workouts look into You Are Your Own Gym or Convict Conditioning.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options

That's really all I do.
    me too

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym and some early morning mall walking.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    download some good youtube workouts jillian michaels has some good one's and XHIT has a good variety of workouts o and popsugar as well can find all these on youtube i do all my workouts from there as well never worked at a gym ... you can get fine results without a gym
  • summer92008
    Options

That's really all I do.

Fitness Blender looks awesome. Any videos you recommend? I'm really interested in tightening and toning my belly and upper/inner thighs. The yoga vids that help with flexibility look cool to throw in a couple times a week, too. I am not flexible...at all lol.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    This blog post has a link to body-weight exercises suggested by the ACSM.
    It's supposed to be a 7-minute workout. Loop it several times for a longer burn.
    I record it as light calisthenics.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-09-29-7-minute-workout-698952

Also google "body weight workout" or look for that on youtube.

51637601.png
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can always try Leslie Sansone's walking DVD programs for cardio and some toning. She has many out there averaging anywhere from 1-mile to 5-mile walks with and without weights and stretch bands, and interval jogging.

The 10-Minute Solutions DVD series are also great; they pack a real punch in 10 minutes or you can do them all for a 50-minute program.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 along with Leslie Sansone walking videos as well as the 10 minute solutions, too. Mixed and matched to get about 45 minutes per day 5x per week. My fitness goals have changed a lot, but that's what I was doing just for general well-being.
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just going to add on to other things not mentioned
    Use your local library for free videos, If you have Amazon Prime or Netflix or something else see what videos pop up. Borrow from friends fitness videos.

Internet resource I love is pop pilates or blogilates (same thing different name) by Cassey. It's on youtube and a blend of pilates and sometimes dance.

This is when dumbells and kettlebells come in handy if you have any of that sort of equipment at your home.

Talk to your family about wanting to exercise and finding time off to do that (I know this must be tough because of the "issues").

Have fun on your journey.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I agree with Leslie Sansone DVDs for cardio. She is very beginner for any kind of strength training though. Kelly Coffey Meyer is great for strength training. Jessica Smith YouTube workouts have a ton of variety. Keep trying new things. Plenty of people workout at home.
  • summer92008
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate it :smiley: I think I will probably try a little bit of each of these and see what works best for me! Luckily, I recently found out that I will be able to get out of the house 3 days a week (yay!) but these suggestions will still definitely come in handy for those days that I have to stay in.