Team Beachbody Overrated?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    They aren't overrated. Nobody rates Beachbody highly except people who sell Beachbody.

At some point, you're going to have to learn to eat so that you don't gain weight. Might as well start practicing that now and lose weight by eating more healthy food and exercising.

Beachbody is a pyramid scheme and these "friends" of yours will not be happy until you start selling it, too. Then they'll bug you to sell more and get other people to sell it, too.

It's just a scam. Let them get sucked in, but don't participate. That's my advice.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    over priced garbage and total scam …you do not need a three day "cleanse" your body already does that naturally ….
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    BB is like a cult. Eat our food. Exercise our way. Recruit others to do the same. No thanks.

I think all the MLM plans are that way, I have a relative who is doing really well with a different one. I have turned her down. I can't afford it. But, now she is asking people she knows through me. They haven't been interested, but it's awkward.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    rustyjs00 wrote: »
    I am a coach on team beachbody and I love my shakeology as well as my team of motivators. However its not for everyone. I have tried a bunch of other diets that never worked. I agree that some of the coaches can be a bit pushy but for them this is their job and they truly believe in what they are using. Im not here to sell you anything, just let you know that it is not a gimmick it has changed thousands of lives including mine.

you lost weight because you created a calorie deficit via drinking shakes..the actual product had nothing to do with it..

you could of used MFP and accomplished the same thing for free.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    atamrowski wrote: »
    What are some other alternatives?

Get better friends.

• Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    rustyjs00 wrote: »
    I am a coach on team beachbody and I love my shakeology as well as my team of motivators. However its not for everyone. I have tried a bunch of other diets that never worked. I agree that some of the coaches can be a bit pushy but for them this is their job and they truly believe in what they are using. Im not here to sell you anything, just let you know that it is not a gimmick it has changed thousands of lives including mine.

So what happens when you stop your diet? Or are you intending using the products for life, and what happens if the Co. doesn't exist in 10 years time? Thanks but I'll stick to a lifestyle change that involves real food of all types but in moderation (135lbs down with around 20 to go eating in a way I can happily sustain forever).

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Get better friends.

This!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Show me these bodies that I may judge.

Come to my light.
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The only program I did enjoy was the 21 day fix and T25.
    Wasn't a fun of their meal replacement products
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I like some of the workouts, but thats it. I would never follow their eating programs, especially ones like the 21 day fix.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I think I've asked this before, but what's the difference between the highly priced 'meal replacements' and fitness routines in Beachbody and some cheap, generic whey protein mixed with milk, and a decent routine taken from the web for free?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?

A multivitamin?
  • dbmata
    Options
    Marketing.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Maybe these programs are good for people who need a push in the right direction; not everyone has the motivation at first to take things into their own hands, and although online research could provide the answers, with everything that's online its hard to know where to start!

I just don't see why anyone would pay for something you can torrent ;)
  • dbmata
    Options
    That is the challenge that crunchyroll.com faces.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

mjaxmy00ogqyodfkzddlndq0owfj.png
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    While a 3 day challenge is exactly what I need, why does it have to cost so dang much?

A pyramid with many layers needs lots of butter.

The 3 day thing does zero - nada - zilch. You could replace it with anything. Or nothing.
  • carolinagirl543
    carolinagirl543 Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options

mjaxmy00ogqyodfkzddlndq0owfj.png

Trina you kill me!!!
  • VGibs1981
    VGibs1981 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I USED to be a "coach"...I had No training, I was pushed SO hard to get people to buy the products. Then started having serious bowel issues. Turns out that the Shakeology causes IBS and can have nasty effects for people who have IBS. So I wouldn't trust the Refresh at ALL! The programs are fun. But you can download them pretty easily for free. I found out a lot of my "clients" were just donwloading them. You had to spend a lot of money every month, especially if you are Canadian, to keep your "coach" status. The whole thing wasa money making scheme. These people have no official fitness training, and after hearing from former coaches, a lot of them got "fired" when they decided to be come trained fitness professionals. The FB motivation pages can be awesome, but the competitive nature they inspire is a real turn off.