I resisted the urge!!!

Options
I'm a university student and my roomate and I have an apartment just a block away from a delicious pizza place that makes a GREAT poutine. Last night, my roomate asked me if I wanted to join her and our other friend in ordering in some poutine. I was so close to saying "sure! why not?" but then I said "nope, I think I'll pass!" I decided to eat my leftover whole grain spaghetti with broccoli,mushrooms, and healthy choice pasta sauce from the night before! I've got to say I'm pretty proud of myself!! :smile:

Replies

• Lynn1987
    Options
    I'm a university student and my roomate and I have an apartment just a block away from a delicious pizza place that makes a GREAT poutine. Last night, my roomate asked me if I wanted to join her and our other friend in ordering in some poutine. I was so close to saying "sure! why not?" but then I said "nope, I think I'll pass!" I decided to eat my leftover whole grain spaghetti with broccoli,mushrooms, and healthy choice pasta sauce from the night before! I've got to say I'm pretty proud of myself!! :smile:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That is great! Good job to resist. I love pizza:love: that is definitely my favorite food. I wish they would come up with a really tasty one with no calories. That would be wonderful.
  • stephiepoo
    Options
    Awesome great job :flowerforyou: I also love pizza. :love:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    good for you!! (pizza:grumble: )
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Congratulations! You did much better than me lol Last night I gave into my own homemade pizza, but I comforted myself with the fact that I make it in a healthier form than most restauraunts do :smile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- I'll bite-- what's a poutine?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Poutine (Quebec French pronunciation putsɪn (help·info)) is a dish consisting of
    French fries topped with fresh cheese curds, covered with brown gravy
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Miss Webster-- you're so darn helpful!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    in the words of Homer Simpson...."mmmmmmmm.....gravy!"
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LOL MMMMmmmm....gravy AND pizza?! That's something to be proud of resisting! Good job!
  • Lynn1987
    Options
    haha yes sorry, I forgot that poutine is a Canadian thing! yeah, it's fries with gravy and cheese. very yummy, but not something I could eat very often..it tastes great but it kinda makes you feel icky afterwards lol and not only is this pizza place just around the block, we get coupons in the mail for it about once a week. NOT HELPING! lol
    I haven't been there since Halloween, and I'm going to try and keep it that way!
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    :noway: friend shd hv been supportive

do they know u r trying to lose?

make it clear to them that they must support and not tempt u

and u did great....i encouner same problem very often..and its really hard to say noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

but it will be worth it after all

:drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Poutine (Quebec French pronunciation putsɪn (help·info)) is a dish consisting of
    French fries topped with fresh cheese curds, covered with brown gravy

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Fries and cheese--yummy!

fries and gravy---I can see

fries, cheese, and gravy--:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

I would have no problem resisting that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!