In NEED of a buddy or two or three...

Options
Hello MFP crew! I am starting over. Again. I need workout and motivational buddies and sometimes a place to just complain about the food (mainly chocolate and alcohol) that I want to eat but cant! I want a team that I can check in with daily with my goods and my bads. Here is my story, let me know if you'd like to join me in my trek back to the healthy side.

I am pretty much deflated. I had come so close to my goal in spring of 2014. I was within 15 pounds, loving my body and the way my clothes fit. Felt like I had finally figured it out and that I wasn't going back to the chubby side anytime soon. But then I got sick. Migraines, ridiculous daily fatigue, no exercising because of it, and a medication was prescribed to me that caused low heart rate. I went from 187 lbs to 216 in 6 months. I got fluffy so fast and it felt so out of my control. I finally found something to help with my fatigue and so-called migraines (long story but I don't think I ever really had a migraine to begin with). I'm ready to start working out and counting calories again. I am uncomfy in my own body. and so sad about it.

Replies

• Healthy_gms
    Healthy_gms Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey pretty girl, don't get sad - get determined. I'll add you on here. I'm a woman in a similar spot. Though my biggest goal is 215 for starters. I was at 225-228 and now am at 235 I think - I stopped getting on the scale much lately, lol. Let's get serious together. I posted a video on my Facebook you may like, too. I'll find it again and message it to you. It was just about valuing the life we lead, a girl running with MS - so powerful. Hugs to you, Gretchen
    - Wilmington, NC
  • KravMagaMel74
    KravMagaMel74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know how that goes. I was doing great too then was set back by some physical ailments. I was on MFP in the past & decided it's time to come back. Would love to connect. Feel free to add me.
  • erobinson2014
    erobinson2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Glad to see that you are here again to take the bull by the horns. Its doesn't matter how many tries it take you to get there, as long as you get to where you want to be. I am always active and in my opinion and goo motivator. Feel free to add me.
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am in a simliar position - had mfp for a lomg time and decided to coe back on and try again. i had about 4 months of 'im going to start today' until i did start its my 5th week now. i have lost 10 pounds so far.
  • Misterfish96
    Misterfish96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience. I lost 30 pounds over 8 months and then found half it it again. I hopped back on the wagon six weeks ago and I'm back on track. Just fight one battle at a time.
  • ForBaacon
    ForBaacon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same boat many a time, if you look up the term "yoyo dieting" you'd see my face right next to it! Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for support and to help others. It's one of the most important parts of this journey :)
  • chucktate
    chucktate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I lost a lot of weight and was in great shape leading up to the spring of 2014. I started to eat differently and I had no idea what was about to happen. I started eating the foods that are in our home , pasta, bread, cereal and anything else that I was not eating for some time. I started to have abdominal pains and had and endoscopy and colonoscopy to find out what was wrong. The dr found a duodenal ulcer. Then I was dx with low iron anemia what was not getting any better. I was tested for Celiac disease months later and I tested positive. I started to use MFP and eat better eliminating all gluten from my diet. I am back on track and if you need someone to lean on , I wouldn't mind. I had a physical therapist work with me a couple of years ago and she was awesome. She taught me a lot about eating and have gone back to those ways. I try to pay it forward whenever I can. If anyone is interested in my journey I blogged about it. http://goodhealthstartstoday.blogspot.com/
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi. Add me. I would like to talk to you.about your headaches.. sounds similar to my sister.
  • syeda1984
    syeda1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! plz count me in. ... I'm the same I joined back again to the same group but no one's responded... maybe they reached there goal weight. ... :-( ... I am so racing my goal weight this time. ... had enough with my bad eating habits.
  • Nikoah
    Nikoah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am not on everyday, and do not log my food. I check several times a week, but I am doing a Ketogenic Type Diet and don't have a need to log. I am happy to support and bounce ideas. I am eating the way I eat partially to help prevent headaches, I still get them, but not as bad, or as long, or as often.
  • Cgravelines
    Cgravelines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I could use some new motivation - I had been doing so well and then just got lazy. Time to get back to it!
  • GohanJKA
    Options
    You can add me I'm fairly active on here.
  • TheNewoImproved
    TheNewoImproved Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Request sent. A couple years ago I lost quite a bit of weight on here for my wedding. Fast forward to now and I'm 37 weeks pregnant and chomping at the bit to start losing again.
  • jerimay22
    jerimay22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm with you! About 2 years ago I was in the groove, I was really starting to enjoy working out, even started jogging. But then I got my new position at work, and because of the stress my migraines came back hardcore. They are back under control now for the most part and I need to get back to being the fun healthy mom I was working so hard to be. I get emotional, I over eat, I don't track like I should. I know I have to change these things if I am ever going to change. I think more motivating friends would really help! (After reading this post I took my kids on a 15 minute walk in the 20 degree weather) LOL
  • TaraHolloway_
    TaraHolloway_ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    you're not alone! Would love to support along the way!!
  • LisaDeAngelo11
    LisaDeAngelo11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm here to help if u need a friend feel free to add me and if anyone else would Ike to add me
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sooo not alone! I was making good progress just a few months ago then so many things with life happened and here I am back to where I was...plus 5! I need some serious help and motivation! On top of the usual struggles, I also have headaches and am a pescatarian (vegetarian...but will eat fish/shrimp on occasion). All friends welcome! I can use all the help and motivation I can get!
  • erinp523
    erinp523 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I have done a lot of yo-yo dieting. Two times in my life I have been successful with weightloss but after grad school and a baby I feel like I am just stuck. I could definitely use some friends too. I will send you a request!