Third Time's A Charm

Options
Don't ask about the other two times, they are in the past; I'm moving forward.

Join me on my getting in shape adventure. I will not be held down by the number on the scale nor the number on the tag of my jeans. I'm getting in shape because I have an irrational fear of having to out run zombies, an obsession with cookies and cupcakes, and the fact that I love naps SO much that my code word for it is, "doing laundry" (I just do the white load first).

I'm also a writer and that's pretty sedentary, so I need to move.

Replies

• adelinax
    Options
    i have a sedentary job too, good luck!
  • katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    best of luck --- third time lucky :0) you can do this..... and if you want to add me -- feel free :0) out of work at the moment with a back injury and fractured foot so pretty sedentary at the moment also but sticking to being good with food!!!!
    seize the day :0) and a fresh start!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do this! You can add me as a friend.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    you can do this
  • cristinfaldetta
    cristinfaldetta Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You've got this!
  • FNPsamantha
    FNPsamantha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love some friends too. I am trying to get back on board for the 2nd time. I had great success the first time and last 45 lbs...then went back to work full time and slid back into unhealthy habits. I want to get back to where I was before!
  • TrishyWishy91478
    TrishyWishy91478 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I'll be sure to add ya'll!
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    3Rd time for me too
    you may add me
  • mjvasko1
    mjvasko1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, Trishy. This will be my third time. I can't afford to stop this time.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm retreading, too. Been in and out of shape more times than I can count (currently out). I get frustrated because I know people have gotten in shape and stayed in shape way before mfp came along or weighing every bite with kitchen scales but I fall apart every time I quit using a structured eating program.
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It took me 3-4 times to find success. As long as you keep trying, you can't fail!! Keep it up! I'm here for support and I'm looking for new friends too!
  • jenifferlopez718
    jenifferlopez718 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Outrun zombies?! Hilarious!!! Third timers group this is exactly what I was looking for. Today I am going a little crazy its my 13th day and this is generally when I begin to squirm my way out of the diet. I start saying to myself, "Izzy you've lost 5 go ahead give yourself a little treat". And down the abbys of my never ending cycle. Yes today is my I Hate EverYtHiNg DAY
  • katper15
    Options
    Hi, I'm right there with you. This is my third round and I'm looking to get in shape and feel better. Don't want to wait for the New Year knowing I will put on too many pounds this month so I thought I'd get a jump on it. Feel free to add me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    A good way to ensure failure is to refuse to look and comprehend what you did wrong last time combined with a refusal to change those way for the new time.

the third time isn't a charm, the educated/no excuses time is time you succeed.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Don't ask about the other two times, they are in the past; I'm moving forward.

Join me on my getting in shape adventure. I will not be held down by the number on the scale nor the number on the tag of my jeans. I'm getting in shape because I have an irrational fear of having to out run zombies, an obsession with cookies and cupcakes, and the fact that I love naps SO much that my code word for it is, "doing laundry" (I just do the white load first).

I'm also a writer and that's pretty sedentary, so I need to move.

Instead of trying to write off what happened the past 2 times, wouldn't it be beneficial to look at what you can do differently this time so that it doesn't fail again?

I yo-yo dieted for most of my life, every time some type of over restriction and all or nothing attitude, it wasn't until I finally listened, got some understanding, and worked on learning what balance and moderation truly were that I found success. I work a desk job, I love naps, and I bake 3 -4 times a week so yea I like cookies & cupcakes .. you can lose weight, you can get fit.
  • TilMyLastDay
    TilMyLastDay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm Eric, back to MFP for the third time, and really need any help I can get. I know what needs done and cannot make any excuses, and essentially I will have to watch my food intake and need to exercise "TilMyLastDay." I live in Pittsburgh and am looking to retire from my federal law enforcement position within 3 years or so, and need to learn alternative ways to deal with stress.

You've heard it all before. I welcome any new friends and hope to reciprocate with friendship and support.