The best compliment!

Options
My husband has been supportive of my weight lost since day one . (Even though he didn't think I needed to lose some). Well today I was cooking and all of a sudden I hear..."baby, you look REALLY good." The way he said it was different from any time he's said it for the last year or so. He told me he couldn't believe how much of a difference those 10 pounds made and although I was beautiful before, he really liked the improvement!

That one compliment because of the way he said it, just gave me motivation to tackle the last 8 pounds.

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    My husband has been supportive of my weight lost since day one . (Even though he didn't think I needed to lose some). Well today I was cooking and all of a sudden I hear..."baby, you look REALLY good." The way he said it was different from any time he's said it for the last year or so. He told me he couldn't believe how much of a difference those 10 pounds made and although I was beautiful before, he really liked the improvement!

That one compliment because of the way he said it, just gave me motivation to tackle the last 8 pounds.
  • MidgetOnAMission
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that!! Besides my health...I'm doing this for my husband. I can't imagine myself looking or feeling better so that was refreshing to here your story. It will be worth it to press forward.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Aw! Good for you! You must feel on top of the world. I mean, come on! Most guys don't notice "little things" like a new hairdo or a different outfit so when they notice a change, especially one we work so hard for, BOY does it feel good!

Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options

I cant agree more... Im not married but every lil compliment I get from my Love matters more dan a 100compliments by any1 else :blushing:

My boyfriend wasnt too convinced when I said I need to lose a few pounds...But when I said it matters to me n wil boost my self confidence, he was all up for it!:smile:

He went out of his way n found useful articles from the internet to help me learn n understand the whole idea a lil better...n ya, I was so touched by this gesture...:blushing: :smooched:

I meet him once a month, we are in different states for jobs and I am hoping the next tym I see him around 20th Dec, I get a kind compliment from him...

Good luck to all ya ladies... :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Yup, I know JUST how you felt when your hubby said that to you!
    Yesterday my husband came up to me at a friend's house and whispered that he'd been "checking me out", and that I "looked GREAT!" I sure felt like a million bucks after that! :smile:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    That's so sweet.. :blushing: