Fitbit or Jawbone?

Options
Seen some great deals for both. What is your preference?

Replies

• Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Fitbit for me and all of my online friends who had Jawbone have switched to fitbit
  • chrissietiny
    chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the Garmin Vivofit. I really like it. I had both Fitbit and Jawbone, and I prefer this one.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm holding out for the Jawbone Up 3. It looks like it's going to have some pretty good features.
  • IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    Fitbit fan here, although I didn't replace my last one after I lost it many months ago. I'm holding out for the new model with HRM built it, although I might go for the Jawbone or Basis Peak, both of which have that function (Jawbone isn't out yet, Peak is).
  • Kasuad
    Kasuad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's between the MS Band and Fitbit Charge HR.

I threw out the Jawbone Up3 because I'd like some kinda display. Although I like that it's small and unobtrousive. Not sure about their heartrate monitoring. It's different from all the rest and they are promising a firmware update to make it capable of showing on demand heartrate (guessing thorugh the app) after release. Other than that, I haven't found any actual info on how well it works outside of fluff from Jawbone.

What really killed it for me though is their app is only going to be for iOS on release with a promise for android support sometime next year. I have an android phone and a windows 8.1 tablet. MS Band and Charge Hr supports both, Jawbone Up3 supports neither.

I have seen some pics of the MS Band on peoples wrist. It looked really bulky. Looking at some of them now, I think the pics are showing people wearing MS Bands too large for them. I went to the MS store in person and tried them on. They don't look much more bulky than my Fitbit flex. Too bad they only have large sizes left. My concerns on the Band is that it's probably more pron to being damaged in use around the gym. I saw a couple reviews on youtube and their Band's display was already all scratched up from the gym with @ one week of use.

The Fitbit Charge HR looks more sleek, but with less functions. But it does everything I need and not much more. Also it looks like it'll take wear a lot better than the Band. More then likely, I will get the Charge Hr. MS Band only tempted me because I thought I could get it now.
  • IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    I'll give a quick update. I gave up on waiting for Fitbit and Jawbone and got the Peak. Loving it so far!
  • jmitchelliv
    Options
    For those wondering just when the UP3 might be out and about, I just caught this from Best Buy (note the "release date").

Also this screenshot only applies to anybody NOT living in Milwaukee. If you DO live in Milwaukee, hands off my shiny new toy until 12/15. ;)

pi3z5kwv5706.png
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    The best one is the one you use. just sayin.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. I got a cheapo version of it because all I care about are the steps. It's a great way to stay connected with the majority of my friends who also have some kind of fitbit.
  • LCM383040
    LCM383040 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's responses. I am holding out for the fitbit charge HR due in UK in the New Year.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

Nice. ;-)

There was an article I read today that said the lower end $50-100 activity trackers were just as good as the pricier ones other than not having a display on them. They're all still in a developmental stage. If they track sleep, they're basically just tracking how long you're horizontal for. And they all have problems consistently syncing your activity.

I stopped wearing my Jawbone because I got tired of the app problems, but I may start again. I liked it ok for a while.

I'm actually waiting for the Apple watch to be released.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

There was an article I read today that said the lower end $50-100 activity trackers were just as good as the pricier ones other than not having a display on them.

Pivotal Living has a tracker (Amazon exclusive) being released this week. Its only $15 and has a display - monitor's activity and sleep.

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I checked out the Pivitol Living one previously. It looks like a really good deal if you want something basic. $15 membership fee every year, but you get the band for free, and they will upgrade it every year, and replace it if it's lost or damaged. I'm sure there's some stipulations, like you couldn't get a new one each month, but it seems too good to be true.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Started out with Fitbit (GREAT customer service btw), got the Flex (7/2013) . Replaced it with the Force (11/2013) as I wanted more info available to me immediately. Force unexpectedly died on me (5/2014) and I couldn't wait for Fitbit to release their new products, so I got a Garmin Vivofit w/HRM.

I just received my Pivotal Living tracker (eagerly awaiting Android app release) . I am wearing both the Flex (for the perks & $ rewards) and the Vivofit (for the data & clock)..not sure where the Pivotal tracker will go, lol.

I find these things to be great motivators for me, as I have a very sedentary job and 8 hours can go by and I've gotten under 1K steps, pitiful, lol

Since getting the Flex (7/2013), I've been walking an hour + daily. I strive to get at least 10K steps a day and since reading Hungry Girls "Housewalking" post, been getting 20K with just a bit of effort. YMMV with one of these trackers but it's done wonders for me in getting & keeping the pounds off.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I want to upgrade to one that has an HRM but is also water resistant. My choices right now are the Jawbone UP3 and the Fitbit Surge. The Surge is pricier and has features I don't need but I am leery of jawbone because one of my water aerobics instructors had 4 break on her within 6 months and she gave up on the brand and went to fitbit. I currently have a Fitbit Flex and love it. I am really happy with the customer service and the functionality, I just want the HRM feature.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the new Polar M400 sports watch. It costs around the same as the new Fitbits but it can do so much more. Check out dcrainmaker on the internet who is highly respected for his reviews and who highly recommended this device.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    SKME2013 wrote: »
    Have a look at the new Polar M400 sports watch. It costs around the same as the new Fitbits but it can do so much more. Check out dcrainmaker on the internet who is highly respected for his reviews and who highly recommended this device.

Thanks for the suggestion. Like the Surge, it has features I won't use, but I do like the GPS feature.

• Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    amazon pivitol is out of stock, just so y'all are aware.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Lazz5k wrote: »
    amazon pivitol is out of stock, just so y'all are aware.

Can go straight to the source...http://www.pivotalliving.com/

• slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit and many of my friends are using which makes it even more motivating