I need support for accountability! Local would be best!

Options
I've seen many stories where people get so close to their goal, and then they trip right before the finish line.

I'm one of those stories.

I had a great start a year ago. I dropped from 220 to 195, was hoping to get somewhere around 160-170, and for no good reason, I have gained and am back go 205 and feel like I'm spiraling out of control.

My biggest thing that's depressing me is I can't fit in to a pair of boots that I really want to wear.

To fit in to said boots, I'm going to need to lose a good 2" off my calf. The boots fit when I weighed 180.

I also can't afford to pay $1200 to get a new pair of boots that fit my fat calves.

I suck at running. I can't afford a gym membership with the current seasonal nature of my job. I also feel like all eyes are on me and judging how much I suck when I do go to a gym. I kind of liked crossfit when I was doing it, but that was right around the time I started to gain weight, and I was constantly hungry and eating when I was doing crossfit. I now do online YouTube fitness videos, including pilates, yoga, and vivace, but I really, truly suck at them and can't make it through 10 minutes without getting upset at how terrible I am at the activity.

I do ride horses. That's about the only fitness thing I can do that I'm good at.

Replies

• Suzettedl
    Suzettedl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not good at running either, and never liked it. But, I did my first 5K at my kids' school and it was very exiting. I have done 2 more since then. Sign up for one, and see if it changes how you feel! It is cheap and you can do it anywhere!
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The other things are just like riding. You have to practice to get good. Ten minutes into the first time you were ever on a horse, could you sit out all the gaits correctly? Could you jump a 3' course? Could you hold two point and stay balanced? No. You had to work on your riding to be able to do anything more than sit there like a sack of potatoes. Why would you expect to be good at dance or yoga or whatever else if you haven't been practicing? It's the very same concept!

How good of a rider would you be if you only rode ten minutes at a time?