Planning is key!!!

Options
LiL_MisS_C
LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
Last night was my girlfriend's Beer and Burger. I was incredibly anxious since it was my first time being out since I started eating really healthy and stopped drinking (mostly). I was afraid that once my body tasted alcohol again, my blood sugars would be so out of wack that I would be craving fries, or some other deep-fried nonsense!

Well my friends....I'm proud to say that didn't happen! Due to the fact that I was smart enough to plan ahead and saved myself from going over my daily caloric intake. :)

These two steps saved me!

1) Excercising before I went out so I would have compensation for the alcohol I drank.

2) Making my meals throughout the day a little less in calories (like around 50 calories less per meal ) before going out.

3) Using my phone app, to plug in how many drinks I could have without going over my daily limit and adjusting accordingly.

Seriously it's really that simple! PLANNING is the best thing you can do in these situations! Not only did I not go over my caloric goal, but because I was aware how many drinks I had, I actually had less and ended up 'nursing' my drinks all night long. :)

Crystal

Replies

• ampointe
    ampointe Posts: 13
    Options
    Great Job! You should be really proud of yourself and now that you know you can do it, you will be able to do it again and again! Way to plan ahead!!! Plus this type of plannin ahead will stop you from feeling like you are missing out and help keep you on track! Way to be dedicated!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Kudos for your planning and sticking with it! And thanks for sharing this, as it is motivating too!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :) Now you know you can go out and have fun without blowing the entire days calories. :)
  • bzmamaof4
    bzmamaof4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's great! WTG! :)
  • ittzings
    ittzings Posts: 7
    Options
    This is so true. It's been a great way for me to not feel like I'm "giving up" things that I love. I just determine in advance how many calories they are worth, and then plan the rest of the day accordingly. I get to have my cake, eat it too, and still feel great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!