Pregnant friends

Options
Hi all, I'm looking for some pregnant ladies to be friends with on MFP. I am currently pg with #6i plan on working out and eating healthy throughly this pregnancy unlike my past pregnancies. I didn't workout at all and used my pregnancy to eat whatever I felt like. I am hoping to keep any unnesscary weight gain away. Currently I am 139 at 5'8" and 19 weeks pregnant today. I have been eating super healthy and have been working out everyday. For workouts, I walk upstairs for 5 minutes with 8 lb weights in each hand and then I do different free weight/kettlebell/body weight exercises in between each stair interval. Would anyone like to friend me and share motivation/workouts/ ideas?

Replies

• StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You should friend Chanti1620.
    She just had a baby and maintained her loss of over 100 throughout. She's very inspirational and would welcome you and your questions.
  • AllyLouB
    AllyLouB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm newly pregnant and like you, determined to keep up the exercise and healthy eating this time round. How are you finding working with weights with a bump?
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So far I haven't run into any trouble. I'm 20 weeks but my belly isn't very big. I make sure not to strain or hold my breath. Congrats and good luck on maintaining a healthy pregnancy!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    You should talk to your doctor first about exercise. Unless you were doing those exercises before pregnancy, it's typically unsafe to start while pregnant. Just something to watch out for. Your doctor may approve certain exercises though.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 18 weeks tomorrow with #3, my other two are 5 and 3. I am working full time. I was knocked around a bit by morning sickness but am getting back into the exercise again. I struggled with huge weight gain during my last two pregnancies and am hoping to keep things a little more under control this time.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to join the Fit, Fabulous & Pregnant group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

I'm currently 33 weeks with my 2nd child. I swim 3x a week and log my food everyday. Pre-Thanksgiving I was up 16.6 lbs. I definitely think tracking my intake has helped me keep from gaining weight excessively.

Anyway, congrats!
  • TheNewoImproved
    TheNewoImproved Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i'm 37 weeks today, request sent!
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi, I'm not adding any friends while I'm not tracking but I'm a member of the group Ninkyou linked up there. If you can, try to swim it's one of the best exercises for pregnant women. I'm 29 weeks and I've been lap swimming 5 nights a week since 13 weeks (I was 6 weeks before I found out so I was late getting to the OBGYN)

Swimming has been great for my stress level and it feels really good to stretch out in the water and give my joints a break from gravity. If you don't have access to a pool, the elliptical is another good choice because it's lower impact, some women continue to lift or run during pregnancy but I wouldn't recommend starting up either of those if you weren't doing them before.
  • sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    me too... 14 weeks only just started feeling well enough to start exercising but feeling better for it. Add me :D
  • hopetokeepitoff
    Options
    I am 28 weeks preganant with #2 this time a boy and NEEDED to log back into MFP to start keeping track of my calories. I started at 149 and just didn't make exercise a priority as I should have.... But, I make excuses :smile: I work 6 days a week and really need to sneak in a walk before or after and am having trouble doing so! :smile: My check-up today said total I have gained 16.7 lbs, I don't know if that is good or bad! My oldest is almost 13 and I can't seem to remember where I was at with her other that I had gained waaaaay too much once she came along! Any advice on what works for some of you other momma to be's is welcome!
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    hey! i'm 24 and pregnant with my second child. my first is four. :) i was 180 when i found out i was pregnant with my first, and only gained 8 lbs, because i was so heavy, i didn't need to gain much lol. then after he was born i got down to 170 but then over the course of the next few years i got all the way up to 211 lbs. super embarrassing that i gained most of the weight after my child was born instead of during pregnancy lol. now when i found out i was pregnant with my second child i was 169... now at 4 months pregnant, i am 159 lbs. anyone feel free to add me. I'd love to share this journey! :D
  • joverw50
    joverw50 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am only 8 weeks pregnant with #3 and already up 10 pounds. I am sure it because all I can keep down is bread right now and I am only running 10 miles a week instead of 30. I gained too much with my first two and looking for some other pregnant friends to encourage me on this journey. I know it will help to start recording again on MFP. Feel free to add me as your friend.
  • ms_borgias
    Options
    I'm around 6 weeks with my first (at 34, BMI 32) ironically i had been doing 5:2 for the first three weeks trying to lose weight to try for a baby at the end of the year but baby had other ideas. Ironically I've lost 12lb (10lb when i was dieting and now lost a pound each week since finding out I'm pregnant) have switched to a policy of if it isn't nutritionally beneficial to us, it isn't going into ,y mouth and find in general my appetite has dropped (no morning sickness yet). I think a lot of it is psychological as I am crave-eater and now I planely am not allowed my food fantasies. Have seen several reports of larger women who lost or maintained during pregnancy simply from switching to a healthier diet.