I did so bad too day...):

Options
But you know what....
I've gained 5lbs
and it suckes! But I'M DONE WITH OVER EATING!
Thanksgiving dinner today was the worst, i prolly went over 3000 calories easily.
and I don't feel good about myself, in fact, i feel sick to my stomach!

It sooo was not worth it, unfortunately I learned that the hard way.
it was a really good lesson tho and i'm happy i learned it.

Tomorrow is a new DAY and the future is a beautiful thing....
I will get down to my goal weight!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
&
Congrats to all those who stayed on the straight and narrow.

Replies

• Gabbsio
    Options
    But you know what....
    I've gained 5lbs
    and it suckes! But I'M DONE WITH OVER EATING!
    Thanksgiving dinner today was the worst, i prolly went over 3000 calories easily.
    and I don't feel good about myself, in fact, i feel sick to my stomach!

It sooo was not worth it, unfortunately I learned that the hard way.
    it was a really good lesson tho and i'm happy i learned it.

Tomorrow is a new DAY and the future is a beautiful thing....
    I will get down to my goal weight!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
    &
    Congrats to all those who stayed on the straight and narrow.
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey its great that u know its not worth it...:smile:

ur absolutely right...Keep ur spirits high...n keep goin!! Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Mimiche
    Options
    You gained 5 lbs since you started your weight loss?
    Or just today?
    Becuase you won't gain 5 pounds just in one day, you are just full of food, liquid, and bloated.
    Tomorrow is a new day. Everyone has been there where you ate Waaaaayyy to much.
    Just gotta keep truckin'
    :heart:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    You're so right! You have such a refreshing attitude, I love it!

I wouldn't worry about the 5lbs, most of it's probably just water and bloating, etc.
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    it happens

to all of us

thats how we got fat

good thing is the realization

stick to the goal :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I posted yesterday morning that Thanksgiving food wasn't worth having a "free day" for--it's just regular type food. Turkey, etc. I could cook that all the time, so can you, if you wish. Turkey is actually good for you but the potatoes, rolls, etc. is what does people in. I didn't even cook potatoes this year--made squash and peppers instead.

Anyway, you blew your "free day" on T-Day--now, you'll just have to be strict with yourself for the next week or so. No biggie.

Drink lots of water to account for the sodium you surely consumed as well!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    water water water and more water....flush out some of the junk and it'll clear your head as well:drinker: :bigsmile:

Be proud you came on the boards and are aware it''s so not comfy to overeat and you're right it's a brand new day full of possibilities!:drinker:

Though I don't celebrate the Holidays anymore for personal reasons (nothing against Holidays...just to painful :brokenheart: after so many losses is all..it's a time I much more prefer to plow thru and make it to Jan. in one piece) but sounds like there are many here that also are in the very spot you're in from overindulging....I say if we learn a lesson and move on from there....that's progress:drinker:

Today is a brand new day for us all......
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I posted yesterday morning that Thanksgiving food wasn't worth having a "free day" for--it's just regular type food. Turkey, etc. I could cook that all the time, so can you, if you wish. Turkey is actually good for you but the potatoes, rolls, etc. is what does people in. I didn't even cook potatoes this year--made squash and peppers instead.

Anyway, you blew your "free day" on T-Day--now, you'll just have to be strict with yourself for the next week or so. No biggie.

Drink lots of water to account for the sodium you surely consumed as well!

Yea Shore I agree....I don't even know when the last time I felt stuffed during a Holiday was...probably 20-25 years ago... I remember thinking......OMGosh...all this food is available each and everyday....:laugh: :noway: :bigsmile: why would I eat like there'll never be food again. Glad I learned it way early on........ things taste so much better to me when I taste them instead of stuff them in my mouth.

But we've all had our days, mine just didn't happen to be the Holidays......... kudo's to you all back on the boards and on track.:drinker: