how to log c25k?

Options
M_lifts
M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
i start this tonight and not sure what to log it as? i dont have a hrm. eek a bit nervous!!
thanks!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    If you don't have an HRM you're going to have to track it as how many minutes you ran at whichever pace (under running & the speed) and how many minutes you walked and @ what pace.
  • AlissaPreuss
    Options
    If you don't have an HRM you're going to have to track it as how many minutes you ran at whichever pace (under running & the speed) and how many minutes you walked and @ what pace.

thats how I did it too. add up all the minutes you walk and all the minutes you run and then add them to the excercise tracking as seperate entries.
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    my treadmil keeps track of the calories burned, so I just enter in my average speed and put the minutes until it shows the correct calories burned. It seems like it would be hard to keep track of how many minutes at each speed since it will vary throughout the workout. I just started last week, start week 2 tonight.....kinda nervous...lol
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are you running outside or on a treadmill? When I use the treadmill, if it allows me to put in my weight, I use the number of calories burned that the machine says. I also check my heart rate manually throughout the workout to make sure it's at optimum. Then I enter the workout under "My Exercises" with all the details: - C25K, week, day, walking/running speeds, incline, distance: "C25K, W2 D1, 3.8-6.0, Incline: 1, 2.4 mi"
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I am running outside, will log it all seperately
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I do have a HRM and I have noticed that my treadmill's calories burned vs. my hrm are way off!!
    I would enter it as speed x minutes for both walking and jogging!! That should give you the closest calories burned! I am on week 4 and I average about 200 cals per time
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    C25K is an awesome program! I finished it a few weeks ago.... and am now running 4 miles a day 4 or 5 days a week. It's hard, but totally worth it.
    To answer your question, I logged in the total running time at the pace I ran at and the total walking time at that particular pace.
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You should try the bridge to 10k!! I haven't completed the 5k yet but I have already downloaded the 10k app!!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I downloaded a few podcasts for the bridge, and am enjoying the first few weeks of it. I'm trying to get really comfortable with 4 miles before I attempt to build up to 6+, especially with the warmer weather coming.
  • andyj1984
    andyj1984 Posts: 76
    Options
    C25K is an awesome program! I finished it a few weeks ago.... and am now running 4 miles a day 4 or 5 days a week. It's hard, but totally worth it.

Agreed! I'm only on week 4, but considering 4 weeks ago I was dying when trying to run for just a minute, now I can do 5 minutes without having to stop. Its a great feeling. I'm looking forward to tackling the 20minute run!

I agree with logging, I just log the time spent running (eg 16 minutes for week 4), and the time spent walking. Though after the workout I always do an additional 20 minutes or so walking, just to cool down and keep the legs going :)