Back Again and starting the Diet Chef program

Options
Looking for fellow members who are following the same program. I'm really motivated and would love to find others who are going through the same experiences :)

Replies

• nikki0308hope
    Options
    What is the Diet Chef program? I am new here!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Weight loss via food deliveries? What happens if there's a blizzard or flood?
  • Aeralie
    Options
    Hey! Nice to meet you and welcome :) I found a lot of the reason I was going for convenience foods was because of the crazy schedule I keep with my line of work. I know that the concept of prepping food ahead of time is simple, but honestly, it stresses me out to have to pre calculate all of my calories and food needs for every single meal for the entire day, a week in advance. On top of that, eating healthy can become costly when you have to eat in volume so I did some homework. Found this site and compared it to many others.... this is the only program I found that will deliver your food a month in advance and it's only $200/mo for the entire month of food!! I do add in my own fresh fruits and veggies.. yogurt too for the probiotic but all in all... this is the best of both worlds. It's not only cost effective (can't beat $200/mo.. seriously) but it's also tailored to meet your daily caloric needs AND I am full... not only that but the food tastes good. If you're looking for some more info I can point you in the right direction. There are many programs out there that are good, this is just the one that has worked for me with my needs. I've actually already lost 13 pounds since I've started eating right and working out. :)
  • Aeralie
    Options

They actually mail the food 28 days in advance. It makes it easy because you can take your food with you on the go. It works perfectly for me because now I have food I can just throw into my bag without having to worry about counting calories at a restaurant. So far I will take my food with me and order a side of veggies or a salad or something if I've got a meeting to go to.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Aeralie wrote: »

They actually mail the food 28 days in advance. It makes it easy because you can take your food with you on the go. It works perfectly for me because now I have food I can just throw into my bag without having to worry about counting calories at a restaurant. So far I will take my food with me and order a side of veggies or a salad or something if I've got a meeting to go to.

Sounds like a service for invalids, sorry
  • Aeralie
    Aeralie Posts: 9
    edited November 2014
    Options

No need to be sorry.. we all have our opinions. I don't have time and quite frankly, it's more cost effective for my budget. I can afford $200/mo. Just because it works for me doesn't mean everyone else is going to be supportive or agree. The bottom line is we need to stay true to ourselves and be honest with what works best for us. My excuses for poor eating habits (not quantity but quality) was time. Time was always a factor for me. This eliminates that variable and I have no reason to not lose weight now. To each their own.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

No need to be sorry.. we all have our opinions. I don't have time and quite frankly, it's more cost effective for my budget. I can afford $200/mo. Just because it works for me doesn't mean everyone else is going to be supportive or agree. The bottom line is we need to stay true to ourselves and be honest with what works best for us. My excuses for poor eating habits (not quantity but quality) was time. Time was always a factor for me. This eliminates that variable and I have no reason to not lose weight now. To each their own.

Wow, I think that's the first time I've seen such a measured and polite response on these forums to a differing opinion!
    I wouldn't do diet chef myself but you're welcome to do whatever you feel will work for you :smile:
  • Aeralie
    Options

Wow, I think that's the first time I've seen such a measured and polite response on these forums to a differing opinion!
    I wouldn't do diet chef myself but you're welcome to do whatever you feel will work for you :smile:

Haha thanks! To me I think as long as we are working to better ourselves then it shouldn't matter how we get there, as long as we are honest with where we stand. To get upset or defensive about something someone doesn't agree with doesn't make me an "invalid", it just means I have different circumstances... circumstances that are irrelevant to other people's lives. The bottom line is I am here just like everyone else trying to make a positive difference in my life and to hopefully inspire others along my journey. We can't all start off running marathons. This is my first initial step in being proactive and it's my hopes throughout this journey to start a complete transformation of my life. I am willing to take any means necessary if it is in a safe and healthy manner, and also not affecting anyone else's life but mine.

Thank you for the support! It means a lot! :blush:
  • targoj
    targoj Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi aeralie, i started Diet Chef on Monday and honestly i am loving it. Would love to connect as friends on here to get inspiration from additional foods you add and support??

• workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i like the idea of diet chef but i have 2 other mouths to feed in my house so its definitely not cost effective. We eat the same meals for dinner every week so those are easy to plan and each evening I prepare my lunch for the next day and log the whole day. Makes it easy to stick to if its made and logged and it means other members of my family can eat aswell! If I lived on my own, i would consider it. I know a few people who lost alot of weight doing it