EASY High-Protein Apple Banana Oatmeal Bars

Options
13»

Replies

• Emipaws
    Emipaws Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    These look great!!! Can't wait to make them!!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    These sound great, especially with pumpkin. I use Cytosport Vanilla Whey Protein powder in my smoothies, and it tastes great, so I bet it would only be better in these.
  • NotAbbieNormal
    NotAbbieNormal Posts: 30 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    They make for a nice little dessert too. This is my third batch now! Still adding the pumpkin, Apple pie spice, raisins and pecans. I really like the flavor they add.

I've served them as a dessert too, in addition to a meal and a snack. :smile: I added chopped dehydrated apples, golden raisins and pecans to my last batch. They were yummy.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Dehydrated apple is a great idea. I made another batch today and just realized I forgot to add the applesauce! That's what I get for thinking I had the recipe memorized. They still turned out good though. This time I added a whole cup of pumpkin and an extra egg white, and cooked it for 60 minutes.
  • zenner22
    zenner22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Save
  • NotAbbieNormal
    NotAbbieNormal Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Dehydrated apple is a great idea. I made another batch today and just realized I forgot to add the applesauce! That's what I get for thinking I had the recipe memorized. They still turned out good though. This time I added a whole cup of pumpkin and an extra egg white, and cooked it for 60 minutes.

I made them with your pumpkin/apple pie spice suggestion today, as well as chopped pecans, and decreased applesauce to 1/2 cup. They were delicious!