canned chicken(and others) recipes PLEASE

Options
Grubworm1943
Grubworm1943 Posts: 50 Member
Yuck, I know. But I need to use up the meats we have and this is the one im having the move trouble with when it comes to finding a healthy recipe. I originally bought it to put on salads but, while we could eat it if we had to, it really wasnt that appealing so im trying to "hide" it in something else. A dinner maybe? Casserole? I don't really know.

Some of the other meats we need to use up is:
STEW MEAT (beef). 3 meals/pounds. I bought it when it got cold and I really wanted soups and stews. But for whatever reason mother nature decided its not fall/winter and its been WAY too hot for soups of any kind.

GROUND TURKEY- I'm thinking tacos but i'm open for other suggestions too.

GROUND CHICKEN (different from the cans I have) I admit I had no plan when I bought this. but it was on sale for like $2 a pound so I grabbed some.

GROUND PORK - same as the chicken. No plan there.

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken...?

aekyajuah9w7.jpg
  • Grubworm1943
    Grubworm1943 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken...?

aekyajuah9w7.jpg

OMG! lol no not quite. its shredded. tuna like size. if that makes sense.
  • tammaraprowell
    tammaraprowell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken can be used to make chicken salad (add mayo, pickles, apples, curry, grapes whatever you like) and use in lettuce wraps.

I use ground turkey mixed with ground pork to make bbq muffin meat loaf. mix 50/50 ground turkey and ground pork 1 egg and crushed saltine crackers divide into muffin tin. Bake, a few minutes before its done top with bbq sauce.

Ground chicken can be used to make chicken burgers. Add diced peppers, diced onion, egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, chile powder and a little cayenne pepper. Make patties grill or bbq. Serve on sandwich thins, and fixings. I like to make a sauce with mayo ketchup, and chipotle seasoning.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I used canned chicken to make chicken mornay and chicken noodle casserole (both adapted from the usual tuna recipes)
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm fussy. If something doesn't smell good I feed it to the cat. She usually won't eat it either. I'm frugal but won't enjoy anything that has a yuk factor. Too many good things to eat!