Logging weigh-ins?

Options
2»

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I weigh multiple times a day (I've lost 25 pounds and it makes me happy). I only log when the weight drops because I know I eat at a deficit every day, and any gains will be water weight.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only log once per week. You need to find what works for you. My suggestion is to weigh in at the same time everyday.
  • 47to27
    47to27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, same'ish time. I think I'll log daily, too, just to keep up with it here. I've been writing it on my calendar which is above the scale though 'til now.
  • stolenbeginning
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I pee.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself. If I do, it's monthly. But there are no right or wrong answers to this one. Weigh in whenever you'd like and I suggest logging it every week :smile:
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I log every day unless there has been no change. I'm okay with the line bouncing around a whole bunch, but I do track trends in my personal spreadsheet. I wish that option were available on MFP, but that would probably ruin the whole idea of making sure people are as anxious as possible about their bodies....
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weigh every morning, logged in my personal spreadsheet. Logged every week, on Friday, unless there's a big gain over the weekend in which case I'll log it too.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily; my scale connects to TrendWeight.com to calculate an exponentially smoothed moving average. But I only log once a week, Monday morning, on MFP, because I don't want my feed filled up with announcements of tiny losses every other day.
  • GeauxWill
    GeauxWill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal was to weigh once a week on Friday mornings, but I have never made it a whole week without weighing. I get too curious/antsy and end up weighing pretty much every day, sometimes in the morning and evening. I am really trying to work on this because I know part of my problems in the past was that I was too much of a slave to the number on the scale. I would love to try to do it every 2 weeks or even a month so I can get away from watching the ebbs and flows of daily fluctuations.