Rewards :-)

Options
I got this idea from someone and it really motivates me.

I bought a pandora bracelet. For each 10 pounds, I buy myself a bead! Once I reach my goal weight, I will do the same thing for keeping it off. Hope to have it filled up!

Rewards that motivate you to look good help; I'm also promising myself other things when big milestones are met.

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a wonderful idea : )
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think it is important to reward ourselves for the hard work we're putting into losing weight. Some people will say you shouldn't reward yourself for doing what you should have been doing all along, but I disagree.

Once I constantly maintain my goal weight for 6 months (I'm aiming for my birthday in Sept, actually) -- I will get a new tattoo.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    **Like**
    That's a really neat idea ;)
  • mrbud
    mrbud Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New Tat There ya go, This I like! the braclet is a good Idea but for me it would look wrong but a new TAT Yes
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love it, my husband bought one for me for Valentines day (OK well I picked everything out and he made the purchase so I don't know if that counts or not) BUT I have a bracelet and it only has 3 beads on it. One letter for each of my kids first name. The plan was for each holiday that he and my mother in law would buy me some new beads. Well, my birthday is Wednesday and I think they have both forgot about it (my birthday and the bracelet) so Im going to copy your idea and for each 10 pounds lost Im going to buy my own beads!!!! Thanks for the great idea!:flowerforyou:
  • FitMomma0722
    FitMomma0722 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love that idea. I've been wanting to by myself one anyway. GREAT idea! Thanks. :-)
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    That is a great way to reward yourself! Good for you, and happy early birthday!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    New Tat There ya go, This I like! the braclet is a good Idea but for me it would look wrong but a new TAT Yes

I did set smaller rewards as I went:

When I was finally out of plus sizes, I bought myself a new, smaller outfit. Nothing feels better than being able to buy smaller clothes. That outfit is now too big, but for some reason I can't rid of it. I know how hard I worked for it, so I keep it.

Then I bought some tighter fitting shirts when I lost some of my "side" fat.

New underwear.

A haircut.

And now that I've reached the goal -- I am determined to maintain it. I figure if I make it through the summer maintaining -- I will get the tattoo. I have it all ready to go. Just need to accomplish that goal. :)