210lbs to 152.5lbs as of today at 6 months of dieting and exercising.

Options
I would like to share my success story here at 6 months starting on June 2nd, 2014 to today on December 1st, 2014 I went from 210lbs to where I weigh today at 152.5lbs.

I decided 6 months ago to begin an exercise and diet plan to change my lifestyle and become more physically fit for life. I had been talking of losing weight for years and after a visit with my doctor and discussing with him about doing this....he informed me something i kind of already knew.

He stated that the biggest factor in determining health issues down the road can be related to being overweight\obesity. He said that approximately cancers and other health issues can be greatly reduced by losing weight and being physically fit and eating healthy.

I decided that I would try and do my part in trying to become more physically fit and make changes to my lifestyle. I feel better, have more energy, and also feel all around better and confident that making this lifestyle change will be a life changing decision that I will continue to maintain as I get older.

This is my success story as I continue to encourage others that you can also become the person you want to be with some determination and changes in your lifestyle, You CAN do this too!zfskg6inqxix.jpg
n9e2u9mahagc.jpg

Replies

• CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    Options
    Good job.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Fair play :smile:

I started around your point (213lbs), and hit 168lbs at the 6 month mark myself, so can appreciate how far you have come. I'm hoping to hit 155 eventually (first 160 though, lol), and it's nice as well as encouraging to see someone very similar to me goal-wise achieve their goal :smile:
  • anovak1009
    anovak1009 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look 10 years younger!
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrat's on your success so far!!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Congrats on making a lifestyle change.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Curious though How tall are you? At 5'7" female; I'm 50 lbs down to 162 with 8 or more pounds till my final goal ( 155 lbs. will put me in the highest range of a healthy BMI )
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    WTG, you look great! I started at 204 and am currently 165. Now if I can only lose 35 more pounds, I'll be a very happy camper! Are you at your target weight now? Thanks for sharing your success...Stories like yours keep me heading in the right direction.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Fantastic! You look great!
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    anovak1009 wrote: »
    Awesome job! You look 10 years younger!

He really does!!

• KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great!
  • cjolleyjr
    cjolleyjr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know how hard it can be. In January of this year, I started my journey at 220+ lbs. Since July, I've been at my goal weight of 170 (give or take a couple of pounds). It's a struggle to maintain the weight but at six feet even, it's worth it. Keep up the good work!
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PROGRESS!!!! (*) (*) (*)

I will say that before saying that I absolutely hate that men are so lucky to be able to lose sooo much weight in such a short period of time. Based on the sins of Adam and Eve, Eve really got the short end of the stick. 1) monthly visitor, 2) child birth (kangaroo pouch) haha, 3) weight loss tied to hormones and emotions. --- just ranting because I'm secretly (well not so secretly now) jealous....haha

But you look awesome and keep up the great work!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look so much younger!
  • Slinky92
    Slinky92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job and I agree with the above poster, you look younger! Congrats!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome loss! You look great!
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you loose weight and look younger too, win, win, win, win, win!!!!!!
  • @ DynamicDiva, I hear you. I had a hysterectomy and I am over 50. It's almost impossible to lose weight once those two things happen. I just do the best I can anymore, if I don't, I will get discouraged.

Congrats to this gentleman on his success!!!! :)
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!