When is the best time to weigh yourself? Excluding Morning

Options
Im an overnight baby sitter at their home, and I used to weigh myself daily in the morning. However, I can no longer do that because their floors are horribly uneven. This morning I literally got weights from 78lbs to 248lbs. Im around 235 by the way. I workout everyday so I was wondering would it be best to weigh after that?

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Morning is the absolute best time to weigh. Any time after that, you're going to be heavier, and your weight is going to fluctuate more because of the amount of food/liquid you've ingested.

But, if you absolutely cannot weigh in the morning, do so at any point in time of the day. Just make sure that the time of day is the same daily, and at a time when you can actually get undressed because weighing with clothes on is going to cause even more of a fluctuation.

If all other factors are kept the same, then you'll still get at least a good estimate.
  • harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I weigh-in in the morning however I have been contemplating switching my weigh-in to right after dinner.. where I will be my heaviest.
    The reason is is nothing feels worse than going through a milestone, but then going back over that milestone. If you beat your milestone at your heaviest (so for me after dinner) then I know for sure I made it through my milestone and don't have to worry about going over it again.
    Just an idea I have been playing with, not sure if I will do it or not
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. Ideally, you want the same time of day, in the same location, on the same scale, in the same clothes.

But ultimately, if you understand what the scale tells you (and aren't emotionally tied to the number on the scale), you can weigh yourself as often as you want, wherever you want, under whatever conditions you want.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Morning is the absolute best time to weigh. Any time after that, you're going to be heavier, and your weight is going to fluctuate more because of the amount of food/liquid you've ingested.

But, if you absolutely cannot weigh in the morning, do so at any point in time of the day. Just make sure that the time of day is the same daily, and at a time when you can actually get undressed because weighing with clothes on is going to cause even more of a fluctuation.

If all other factors are kept the same, then you'll still get at least a good estimate.

+1
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would do it before a meal/eating.
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It ultimately doesn't matter. If you do it at night, just keep it consistent so that you can measure progress. Same time. Same clothes (or lack thereof). Same position of scale.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Morning is best, but any time you can be consistent.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Anytime as long as you're consistent.