Anyone experience dizzyness ? help

Options
First off My eating schedule has been off today because it's my brothers birthday and I've been waiting all day without eating very much because I'll be having cake and pizza later so I'm saving a few more calories. I'm feeling quite scared because I feel very fatigued, a bit dizzy,anxious and emotional; like I want to cry really but have no reason for it.
I had my usual breakfast of porridge with almonds, felt fine obviously, usually about 2-3 hours later I'll have lunch, but today has been busy and I waited a little longer and felt extremely hungry,shaky and panicked and had some cottage cheese (with ketchup which I don't usually crave) which helped a little bit but I still feel quite off.
This can't be normal... I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences anything similar if they wait too long to eat? it doesn't sound right, or I'm just SUPER paranoid.. I still haven't eaten anything else yet.
I usually eat about 1500 calories a day- I'm not that active, I stay indoors a lot

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    See if eating something and drinking some water helps.
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have experienced dizziness but not from skipping one meal one day. I find it happens to me if I go at least a few days not eating right. For me personally, this will occur if I'm eating less than 1600 calories each day.

What you are describing has happened to me in those instances and has contributed to an anxiety problem I have. If having something to eat doesn't fix your dizziness problem, you may want to consider looking into your diet to see if you're missing something that can be causing you to feel this way.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I always get dizzy when I eat less than usual. I figure it's nothing to worry about if eating solves the issue.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Whenever I was low on blood sugar. Eating solves it.

I fainted once when I was six months pregnant. Low blood pressure. Moving (and eating) solves it.
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    I get dizzy all the time. Mine is from low blood pressure. Salty stuff helps. But I'm not a big fan of salty things unfortunately. :/
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble getting past the cottage cheese and ketchup :# ...

....but, yes, I have been dizzy when I get busy and don't eat. I find I need to eat something every couple hours. Can't skip meals.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I too have had the same symptoms from low blood pressure. Never understood how it could be low regularly when in the past never watched how much sodium i consumed. The only time my pressure isn't low is when i weigh more than i should and that's probably because i eat more sodium.
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Whenever I was low on blood sugar. Eating solves it.

I fainted once when I was six months pregnant. Low blood pressure. Moving (and eating) solves it.
    Oh my I'm sorry to hear that, must have been very scary :(
    Thanks for replying everyone, eating did help lol... I think googling symptoms can freak you out more than necessary sometimes.... <.< making me think I'm damn hypoglycemic or something. I guess I just react badly when I break a solid routine

-Hey Don't knock cottage cheese and ketchup until you have tried it :wink: