master cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love the Master Cleanse! I'm going to be doing it pretty soon. It is a great Spring cleanse. I've done it several times and I've decided that it is better for a spring cleanse as the weather is warming up. But in the fall, it's not so good. I'd rather do a soup cleanse.

Some tips that I've learned over the years:

1. Don't work out while fasting. You're only getting 1000 calories, this is no time to try to earn your Miss Universe title. Light walks, yoga, pilates are plenty.
    2. Start on a weekend or a day off untill you get used to how you feel. The first 2 days are the hardest.
    3. Don't give in and eat, then turn around and try to get back on track by doing a salt water flush the very next day. (Trust me)
    4. Eat lightly and slowly get off caffiene a few days before you actually begin. Then follow the process of weaning off the fast too. Don't just go out and have a cheeseburger the day after. It was designed to wean you onto a vegetarian diet, so keep that in consideration when you are done.
    5. You will lose weight. It is JUST water and poop and mucous. But you don't HAVE to gain it back as long as you wean back to solid foods correctly and don't overdo it.
    6. Don't do it if you have any health problems, talk to your doctor first. And don't do it just to lose weight, thats not what it's designed for.
    7. Make sure you take probiotics. When this was designed, probiotics hadn't been discovered. It is now recommended to take them in conjunction with the cleanse.
    8. Dry brush your skin everyday. Helps prevent any breakouts and stimulates lymphatic flow. Plus, it leaves you feeling flawless.
    9. Drink ALOT of water.
    10. If you really want to, eating some fruit won't hurt the cleanse. But not too much. The point is to rest the digestive system. But a little fruit adds bulk and helps with energy if the lemonade isn't enough.
    11. If the cayenne pepper doesn't agree with you in the drink, you can buy cayenne capsules and take it seperately. Just get the cayenne somehow, it really helps with the mucous.
  • anaxgorous
    anaxgorous Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Draw your own conclusions. Here's some info to chew on:

"Nutrition experts say they’d like to see some scientific evidence the plans work. “I’ve never seen any published trials that would lead me to believe that if you are healthy, your lungs, kidney and liver need help removing toxins from your body,” says Colleen Doyle, director of nutrition and physical activity for the American Cancer Society.

Bauer, author of Joy’s Life Diet, says a fiber-rich diet of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, low-fat dairy and plenty of water can clean your system out much better than most packaged fasts or juice fasts.

There’s a reason fiber is called “nature’s broom,” says Keith Ayoob, a registered dietitian at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. Nutritionists also are concerned that most cleansing diets are devoid of protein, which helps maintain muscle mass during weight loss.

Bonnie Taub-Dix, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association and a registered dietitian in New York City, agrees that the lack of protein in many such diets makes them nutritionally inadequate. “It’s like getting dressed and putting on three shirts and no pants. They may be nice shirts, but you are missing other critical things.”"
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to put your health, body, and your diet in jeopardy doing something so dangerous as a cleanse. You body has a natural cleansing system called a liver, and kidneys. And it cleanses way better and for free! Cleanses have a way of screwing up your electrolytes, which can cause cardiac problems, and seizures, as well as many other problems.

Plus you spend all this money, get yourself sick, and the very first meal that you eat you are right back on square one. Don't waste your money and put your health and body in danger, it is NOT worth it!
  • Jill_Clemmons
    Options
    I have been hearing it's good to take probiotics when you are on the Master Cleanse. What does everyone think about eating a banana once or twice a day and taking vitamins while you are doing it? I am thinking about trying it again soon, and I want to make sure I have enough energy. The other time I tried, I just lasted a few days on it because the salt water flushes were making me sick at the stomach. I am not trying to lose weight with this as much as get the gunk out of my system. I am not planning to stay on it much more than a week, if that long.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have been hearing it's good to take probiotics when you are on the Master Cleanse. What does everyone think about eating a banana once or twice a day and taking vitamins while you are doing it? I am thinking about trying it again soon, and I want to make sure I have enough energy. The other time I tried, I just lasted a few days on it because the salt water flushes were making me sick at the stomach. I am not trying to lose weight with this as much as get the gunk out of my system. I am not planning to stay on it much more than a week, if that long.
    Don't take probiotic while you are on MC since it will get flush out.
    Also don't any fơod (no banana) because your digestion system will become active and you will get hungry ALL the time.

I'm going to do my spring cleanse next wêek if anyone wants to buđdy up.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The new recommendation is to take probiotics as you taper off the cleanse and aren't doing the salt water flush. I think I stated it wrong in my post.

If I need to eat a banana I don't get hungry. But we are all different.
  • beccasetsfire
    beccasetsfire Posts: 135
    Options
    I Just started today... I can't do the salt water, I've been nursing the same 32oz of water for hours... tomorrow I'm just gonna drink the tea in the morning instead of salt water lol.