Don't lose anymore weight!

Options
Tanie98
Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
edited December 2014 in Motivation and Support
I am 5'3 and I started at 150 and I am now down to 123 lbs.My original goal was 115 to 120 but I am happy where I am now so I decided to stop losing and start maintaning.It apears that I am still losing but I have been eating Mfp suggested calories which are 2000 since I have an active job.I also exercise which means more food.

However , today at work this person was like"omg you are too skinny! Someone else told not lose anymore weight and others are complaining that I am getting too skinny.

The thing is I am not trying to lose anymore weight. I am not sure if I lost more since my last weigh in which was a month ago.I try to weigh myself once a month the first thing in the morning before I eat anything to get a consistence reading. So I am going to monitor my weight to make sure I am still not losing.When I look at myself in the mirror I still look the same and I don't think I look skinny at all.This is really bothering me and I wish they would keep that to themselves

Anyone had the same problem?

Replies

• SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have two points:
    1) People will always tell your you're getting too skinny at some point in your weight loss journey. As long as you're "normal" in the charts I wouldn't worry about opinions of others.

2) You can maintain weight the same way you lost it. Count calories. Eat at maintenance and you won't gain/lose weight. You may have to adjust your daily goals over time to make sure you have defined maintenance correctly. Just stay on it with fine adjustments and you should be fine.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    When you say you are still losing, how much are you losing? Are you losing inches as well? Unintentional weight loss can be a sign of disease, but you are not underweight and since you were actively trying to lose weight previously, you probably just need to tweak your calories a bit to find what is needed for maintenance.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm your height (5'2.) I did the exact same thing when I first started this site, went from 135 down to 120-125. People were saying the exact same things to me. I'm starting over again now, and just last week someone noticed I wasn't jumping into the candy they were offering. They later messaged me to tell me they hoped I wasn't attempting to lose weight like I did last year, because I was far too skinny. :#

To me-like it's anyone else's business or concern what I do with MY body. I just ignore them.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    First off, great job fishing for compliments. Second, you do bring up a real issue here. The fact is the new "normal" is to be at least a little overweight. People really don't know what normal looks like anymore.

I can agree with the looking normal comment.

• vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    As long as you're happy about your maintenance and how you look, then it's all good, People are always going to judge or put in their 2 cents because it makes them feel somewhat important. When I was running long distances, I was losing - I got a lot of "you're getting too skinny". I started lifting heavy again and I got "you're getting too muscular". No one is ever happy. Make yourself happy and keep doing you :smiley:
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm not remotely interested in other people's opinions of my appearance, including my body weight. I smile in a slightly confused way and change the subject. All I can think is that their lives must be very boring that they think my weight worth commenting on. But I don't tell them that.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You made essentially the same post a week ago; I'd think the zillion replies would still be valid.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com.br/en/discussion/10025575/you-re-etting-too-thin
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You made essentially the same post a week ago; I'd think the zillion replies would still be valid.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com.br/en/discussion/10025575/you-re-etting-too-thin

My thoughts exactly...
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I have heard similar things and at first I let it get to me, but mostly because my weight and my body are none of their business. Now I just ignore them.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Humble bragging....
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I would probably get a bit rude and say something like *sigh* "It's so disheartening that with the obesity problem in this country, the perception of normal has shifted so far."
  • ElizabethNJ
    ElizabethNJ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    After I had my daughter, I got active, ate better and was a at a healthy weight about 120lbs for my 5'2" frame. I was happy but people kept saying I looked too skinny, I lost too much weight. I let it get to me, said maybe I am too skinny!? and now I'm overweight, go figure. These same people are now saying I don't need to lose anything. Despite the fact that I'm overweight and out of shape. But now I'm older, wiser, and don't care what others say lol I only care about being healthy.