Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    RAW ALL THE THINGS!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    For those of you ladies who do wear gloves, what's your favourite brand? I'm in the market...
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I wear gloves because it's not only easier to grip, but I have very soft hands which blister easily, and plus no one in my gym wipes down the free weights after using, so they're soaked in man sweat.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    No gloves. I see very few people using gloves in the gym. It's a personal preference thing.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have gloves, but I feel douchey wearing them for some reason, so I haven't used them yet. I don't think that way of other people, though, I'm just weird that way.

I use gloves....I don't give a $#% what other people at the gym think. :) I have tiny hands and they also get sweaty when I'm working hard.

I'll even go one step further and tell everyone that I've started using straps for deadlifts and lat pulldowns. I started hurting myself with improper form because my hands were slipping, my focus was more on not dropping the barbell, etc. I am only slightly ashamed to admit that I love my straps! haha

I can pull much heavier and I am way more comfortable over all. I'm at the gym for me, and I do what works for me. :)

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Just bought some cheapo gloves over the weekend at Wal-Mart. Wish I would have used them sooner. I definitely prefer gloves.
  • nbkpjud
    nbkpjud Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No Gloves...
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    No Gloves
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    nellyett wrote: »
    I have gloves, but I feel douchey wearing them for some reason, so I haven't used them yet. I don't think that way of other people, though, I'm just weird that way.

I use gloves....I don't give a $#% what other people at the gym think. :) I have tiny hands and they also get sweaty when I'm working hard.

I'll even go one step further and tell everyone that I've started using straps for deadlifts and lat pulldowns. I started hurting myself with improper form because my hands were slipping, my focus was more on not dropping the barbell, etc. I am only slightly ashamed to admit that I love my straps! haha

I can pull much heavier and I am way more comfortable over all. I'm at the gym for me, and I do what works for me. :)

I may need to use them soon, because the weights are starting to get a little hard to hold onto. My gym has these air vents that blow a ridiculous amount of air down on you, and my hands don't really get a chance to sweat, so that hasn't been a problem.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Gloves...the fact that I can lift like a construction worker doesn't mean I have to have hands like a construction worker.....Plus my hands are small and get sweaty and I don't want to drop the weights on my toes/head.....
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    RAW ALL THE THINGS!

rghr8e1svf3l.jpg
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised at the amount of noes (seriously had to Google the spelling for the plural of no). I use gloves to prevent my hands from getting ripped up. I haven't had any grip issues while using them.
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    no gloves and chalk but more and more gyms are not allowing chalk. Chalk is a safety thing.
  • LawOfFives
    LawOfFives Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No Gloves. Chalk.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    No gloves so far (but I'm also not lifting any monster weights yet, either). Considering I use my hand creases to position my grip, not sure what I'd do with gloves on. Guess I'd learn :smile: If you've got enough grip strength to handle the effectively bigger bar, then have at :smiley:
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    No gloves. They interfere with my grip.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Gloves for me.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    no gloves, so I can get across the monkey bars!!
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    To all of you "no gloves" people...I'm a delicate and fragile man, my HANDS ARE HURTING LIKE A MOFO! You guys SUCK :P

63227838.png
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I wear gloves because I had hand surgery about a year ago and every since lifting seems to irritate it, now that I wear gloves it doesn't. If I didn't have this issue, no. :D