Semi-Active Site User, but need to get serious!

Options
Okay, I have been on the site for a few months now but very sporadic. I need to get more involved and track 'everyday!' I seem to go a week as active and then fall off, usually at the weekend point. So, here is my official introduction! I would also like to meet other members to keep up the motivation factor.

I am a 30 yo male in Southern CA, recently engaged and going to the Maldives on June 23. I would like to try and lose 15 or so pounds (currently 196) by then to get back into the bathing suit and feel good again. Gained about 15 pounds over the last year. After that vacation I would like to continue to lose some weight for the wedding at the end of October ending about 172.

I have read many forum posts including the must reads that active site contributors have posted. So I guess I am educated in losing weight, and using this site, but need to stick with it - and cut out the alcohol, the occasional bottle of wine my fiancé and me share. Those are the current challenges. I am ready to work hard for it.

I like to run, hike and love to watch movies on the weekend to relax.

Jeff

Replies

• thomasbf
    thomasbf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    To help stayed committed - set goals for yourself. Like if you log for 30 days straight, buy a new pari of shoes or something that will motivate you. You can DO IT!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I agree. Mini goals are what keeps me motivated. NOw I have to look up Maldives. LOL
  • Jeff6605
    Jeff6605 Posts: 16
    Options
    Lol, Maldive Islands, follow India down to the equater line. Can't wait, but short on time to lose. I will be in a bathing suit for about two weeks straight! haha