Any other brides-to-be need motivation/support?!

Options
steebsthegreat
steebsthegreat Posts: 70 Member
edited November 2014 in Motivation and Support
I recently got engaged!
I've already been working on getting fit, but having to try on dresses is definitely some added motivation. Hopefully this will be the kick in the butt that I need to really commit to my work outs! Any other newly-engaged ladies out there?

I'm aiming to lose some weight before I start looking at gowns. I'm currently a dress size 8 and I'd like to get down to a 6. We're thinking of planning the wedding for May 2017.
CW: 159
GW for dresses: 150 (or lower)
GW for wedding: 140 (or lower)

Add me!

Replies

• ajhodgin
    ajhodgin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Me!

My wedding is in 50 weeks.. I need to lose 2 lbs a week. My fiancé is working with me on losing weight, but he loses weight so easily. I need someone to hold me accountable!
  • lizzy_jane91
    lizzy_jane91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too!

I'm getting married in 3 months though so I'm almost at my goal - feel free to add me :smiley:
  • xtinalee17
    xtinalee17 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! getting married in April 2015. Found that having supportive people on here with similar goals is helpful!

SW: 250
    CW: 229
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm not newly engaged, but I'm getting married October 2015. I still want to lose about 60 pounds before the wedding/dress fittings (so, really, I'd like to lose 60 pounds by August 2015).

SW: 234
    CW: 196ish
    GW: 130ish
  • Lynsiedee
    Options
    Hello.
    I got engaged on NYE but have just recently started actually planning, with that said now I need to really start loosing weight so I look good!! lol My wedding is September of 2015!

I just started up on here again so I would love some help getting motivated! :)

SW:226
    CW:223.6
    GW:150
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    We don't have a date set, but I do need to lose before we get hitched!
  • caramia311
    caramia311 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me too! Wedding is in June. I have lost 14 pounds in the last 2 months and I am hoping to lose 30 more prior to the wedding. Feel free to add me as a friend!