Myoplex

Options
So, I have a ton of Myoplex Mealplex shake mixes left over from when I did Body For Life. There are only 180 calories and 24 g of protein per shake. I am only going to use it for breakfast. My question is if this is okay to use in the whole weight loss program. Any thoughts? Thanks! ~Rebecca

Replies

• skinnyray
    Options
    So, I have a ton of Myoplex Mealplex shake mixes left over from when I did Body For Life. There are only 180 calories and 24 g of protein per shake. I am only going to use it for breakfast. My question is if this is okay to use in the whole weight loss program. Any thoughts? Thanks! ~Rebecca
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think it would be ok to use for breakfast. They tend to be pretty nutritional and the protein will keep you going in the morning. I use a similar product that I add to my oatmeal and it keeps me very full and gives me a lot of energy in the morning. I only use it in the morning.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    As long as you stay in your calories and not forget about real food during the day drink up!
  • rseman
    rseman Posts: 50
    Options
    I used to take the Myoplex for breakfast and actually had a problem with it. My doctor told me it was more for weight trainers. Since I was taking it and not weight training the high protein was causing me to have kidney problems. I ended up in the hospital a few times. I completely stopped taking the Myoplex and the kidney problems also went away.

That is the only concern I have with Myoplex but maybe that was just an individual thing.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Well I would use it as a snack myself. But it might just be me. :ohwell:
    The protien shakes no matter what the brand burn off quick for me,
    (NO MATTER WHAT THE CALORIES ARE.) My normal Breakfast is an apple and a 1/4 cup plain yogurt. Same calories as the shake.
    If I tried to have just a shake at breakfast, I would be doing the PacMan thing at break, and eat everything in site.
    HOWEVER! My body might be different from yours. If you do not HAVE that problem, then by all means I see nothing wrong with having a protein shake for breakfast.
    --Diann...