Anyone using a Garmin device and has it stopped syncing to MFP like mine has?

Options
I've been using a Vivosmart fitness band for the last few weeks and have loved it. It counts my steps, converts them to calories burned and then automatically uploads this from the Garmin Connect app to MFP. Or at least it did, until the last day or two when it has just stopped telling MFP. Anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• anitabrabazon
    anitabrabazon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the Vivofit and I don't know whether it's a delay or not but I find that after changing the 'activity type' on Garmin Connect (the proper website), it seems to then transfer across ok. Still calls it running even though I have logged it as 'strength training' but hey-ho at least it's on!
  • Lindridged
    Options
    Since last Wednesday Garmin no longer updates my weight... I'm not sure where it gets my weight reading from (I use Withings scales, linked to MFP, which is linked to Garmin Connect, not sure if Withings is/can link to Garmin). I have looked to check the links are enabled in each website, but can't find them. Has there been a change in sharing permissions recently?

(In UK)
  • jc93230
    jc93230 Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have a Vivofit and a Forerunner 220, Both sync'd fine today. (EDIT) Oops! Syncing to the Garmin Connect apps and website, but not to MFP
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    My FR310XT isn't either, and whilst Garmin Connect did sync with Endomondo it didn't with Strava, so it looks like the Garmin end of the relationship
  • jcs0530
    jcs0530 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a vivofit, Gamin Connect and MFP not syncing either. :-(
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    YES!! I have a garmin vivofit and mines hasn't synced to mfp today or yesterday :( ...what is going on??
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wondering here if there is an update on the garmin site that is needed?
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I disconnected my garmin connect from myfitnesspal and now I don't know how to reconnect..wow!! can someone please help??
  • trekkersforever
    Options
    Looks like it's a MFP issue:
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1781541--myfitnesspal-and-garmin-withings-sync-issues

At least we know they are working on it.
  • fitfrobs
    Options
    Both me and my With have the sync problem with garmin, no activities were synced yesterday (Dec. 1.) and we both went for a run which is registered in Garmin Connect
  • sezzytucker
    Options
    I commented about this on a previous link about the same thing. I brought myself a Gramin Vitofit wristband and have been using since 29/11/14 - my MFP calories do not show up on the garmin calorie graph so it is not showing calories consumed only the calories I have burnt that is picked up from the Garmin. Thanks to trekkersforever for posting that MFP do know that there is an issue. Hope they get it fixed soon so that both link properly and interface between the two.
  • runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yep, thanks trekkersforever!! This has been a headache for the last couple of days lol!
    Luckily I can see my "active" calories on Connect after I sync vivofit with my smartphone or on my laptop, but it doesn't sync over to mfp!!
    Hope they fix it soon!! :wink: