I need your success!!

Options
I was dang-near my success, when I let life get the best of me and my health falter on down. I am needing some photos of inspiration to tell me:

"Anybody can do it, your stomach/mommy belly is not a lost cause, you can set your mind to it, you can feel better"

I am 5'9 and looking for your success photos and maybe a little bit about your stats and how you did it.

This seems to be the only thing that ever gets me motivated, is by viewing others.

Replies

• lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

If this helps, here's my profile picture. I was the first size in April of this year and the second picture is the weight I've been since October:

wSWZ9EP.jpg

I went from 264lbs to currently 192lbs (I think), just by sticking the calorie goals set by MFP and going to the gym for an hour three times a week to do cardio. There were lots of times I was ready to falter but I just remembered how much I hated my fat life and it kept me going. I also wrote a few blog articles showing my journey if it helps, I've heard lots of positive feedback about it :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lewispwest

Feel free to add me if you want help along the way, I would be lost if it wasn't for people keeping me accountable :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    face_compare_zps25698bf5.jpg

these two pics are about 4 years apart. the pic on the left i was about 296. the pic on the right 230

just try to remember you didnt put the weight on overnight and it will not come off overnight
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Awesome Transformations guys!
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress, but here's what I have for you so far:

43wwniboc83g.jpg
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, great job Xpecta!
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You all look so wonderful!! Wow!! :)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Quite a while ago at my heaviest (over 200 pounds at 5'4") in the blue shirt:
    035d152ecb784c50fca56e35ec627b68d4fb.jpg

A few weeks ago on a business trip to Austin at 130 pounds:
    035d6f1e265880f52c5f3d0fcf0e5ca7bdc6.jpg

I did it through accountability (making damn sure I logged what I was eating, even if I didn't want to admit it... LOL!), and at the beginning of this year I added exercise. I love to run, and just started weight lifting. I'm pretty happy with where I am - I'm currently in small tops and a size 4 pants.

You've got this, honey. Just log honestly and be consistent. The weight will come off. And like another poster said, it wasn't put on overnight and won't come off over night. Just keep at it. I'm 35, have had 2 kids (they are 13 and 10), and work a desk job. It took me more than 2 years to shed 70 pounds, but if I can do it, anyone can. :flowerforyou:
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone! What a fantastic looking bunch.

OP, I was 5'6" and 200 at the end of August. I'm now 175. I'm going to keep going until I'm in the low 130s and ????

I took selfies for the first time in years this week. I really wish I had a before to show you.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Here's me :) I'm 5'4" and I started in April of this year.

wlrpsnalxbbz.png

ETA:

SW: 232
    CW: 175
    GW: Don't know yet!
  • walkingmommy2014
    walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    e82f0126-185a-4733-a6b5-da68438533e3_zps9554510f.jpg
  • walkingmommy2014
    walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I posted my pic but forgot to add stats lol.
    I am 5'5'' and went from 217lbs. to 177lbs. so far. My goal is 165lbs plus lots of tone.
    I eat low carb and lift weights.
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options

lewispwest wrote: »
    Oh wow, great job Xpecta!

Thank you!! It doesn't feel like that much, I was actually shocked when I saw them side by side!
  • bigcle82
    bigcle82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have problems posting pictures, but check out profile pics. still a work in progress but this is a life changing experience. you will do find, just stay at it and dont give up. yes you will have good days and bad days. just keep going.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm a work in progress.
    Stats:
    Height: 5'4.5"
    HW: 260lbs
    CW: 165lbs
    Approx. 35lbs that I still need to lose.
    Mom of two boys.

Face Comparison: 2012 to 2014
    9flecvijvk6j.jpg

Dec 2011 (2 days after my first was born/c-section) : Approx 260lbs
    tiwzgm0dyazc.jpg
    ***I don't really have any good pictures of me at my highest weight. I avoided the camera like it would steal my soul.

Progress for 2013:
    sdvy4a145lj4.jpg
    ecejoxkpez54.jpg

Progress for 2014:
    nwz9tga6lh4r.jpg
    k0h0cmzkrln2.jpg
    n707ukwhjcdw.jpg
    3bpxfniuol13.jpg

My current 30 Day intake average is 1770. I'm losing approx. 1.3lbs per week currently.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    5'8 - 2 children - 47 years old, as of today back down to the weight I was on my wedding day, my SW was 212, I've lost 41lbs and the mummy bulge, even though I'm still above my maximum BMI

I don't have before photos here (I used to duck them)

this is after about 38lbs weightloss

a463fbd79676328a2a3c3ab287ffa0bb91c8.jpg

I still have fine-tuning to do and a little more weight to go but I'm relatively happy

you can do it

focus on accurate logging, weigh and log everything and get active to build musculature, energy and zest for life
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Bump!

It is amazing how much everyone has changed! Congrats all!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks great
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, everyone! You are all so inspiring!
  • lexington87
    lexington87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    These are inspirational thank you all for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!